PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: 2007 R52 JCW Aero Convertible (Low Mileage, EC) RARE. Winter rims incl.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 12:43 AM
Default FS: 2007 R52 JCW Aero Convertible (Low Mileage, EC) RARE. Winter rims incl.

FS: 2007 R52 John Cooper Works (JCW) Aero Convertible (Low Mileage, EC) RARE. 59876 miles. Manual Transmission. Needs nothing, Truly excellent condition. Adult owned. Clean carfax.

$12,750

This is a special Mini - the low mileage, last of the supercharged, well maintained JCW Mini you've been looking for. It has the full Aero body kit which is very rare to find in perfect condition. Motor is very strong, does not burn oil, start/runs perfect cold or hot.. no leaks, no cold start smoke, no issues, no strut tower mushrooming, no body rust.

It is a late model r52 convertible John Cooper Works edition - some call the 2007 and 2008 Minis the "last of the supercharged" minis as in 2009 it went to the turbo engine (for the vert, and I think in a year or two earlier for the coupe). It has low miles for its age and the paint has been corrected and looks fantastic. No mods were done to the engine (I wanted to maintain its originality), but all common wear parts like engine mounts, front and rear upper strut bearings, oil seals, plugs, serpentine belt, fluids, JCW and cabin filter, etc. have been changed while in my care (3 years). All services and maintenance intervals are up to date.

If a part made the car look old, especially on the exterior, it was replaced with OEM new. For example: rear tail lights, most window moldings, all wheel arches, rear soft top moldings, belly pan, antenna base, all bumper grilles are all new. You will not find a faded molding or top. The canvas top is well maintained and very black still; I'd guess a previous owner must have replaced it, or this car spent most of its life indoors.

This Mini is also LOADED with Factory options! This Chili-red exterior, panther black leather interior Mini comes with nearly every available option. Factory options include:
  • Factory John Cooper Works kit
  • Full Aero kit (front & rear bumpers & side skirts)
  • JCW Sound Kit (JCW intake and exhaust)
  • Sports suspension (stock JCW springs with Koni FSD dampers)
  • Manual Transmission
  • Rear fog lamp
  • Driving lights package (upgraded with PIAAs)
  • Xenon lights
  • Heated front seats
  • Sports seat with height adjustment
  • Harman Kardon sound system with CD player
  • Rain sensor
  • Fog lights
  • Storage compartment package
  • Smokers package (coin holder)
  • Body colored (chili red) mirror caps (black vinyl is on them now, easily removable)
  • Auto dim rear view mirror
  • Chrome line interior
  • Interior surfaces from exterior color (red dash and door sections)
  • Front arm rest
  • Integrated garage remote control (Homelink)
  • Heated windshield washer nozzles
  • Sports leather & multifunction steering wheel
  • Park distance control (PDC backup sensors)
  • Illuminated JCW door sills
  • Dynamic stability control (DSC)
  • Limited slip differential (LSD)
  • Auto A/C
  • Front rubber mats, carpet rears
Mods:

There are no engine modifications, as I wanted to keep it reliable and stock. It has plenty of power to be fun anyway. Most upgrades were done to enhance the handling characteristics, and only the highest quality parts were chosen (except for the little front JCW grille badge, as I found out below ). Modifications include:
  • IE Camber plates ($200) (stiffens front towers and prevents mushrooming, also adds 1 degree of camber for better cornering grip)
  • WMW front strut tower bar ($245) (Further stiffens front of car and prevents mushrooming)
  • Koni Special Active Struts ($980) (These FSD shocks are rigid when cornering, but plush when driving straight. Cool tech - look them up)
  • Hotchkis 25mm Rear Sway Bar ($310) (Makes a huge difference to the flatness and stability in cornering, and its adjustable to suit preference.)
  • Hotchkis rear upper and lower Competition Rear Camber Links ($595) (allows for finer adjustment of rear wheels, and, well, they look really cool)
  • Cravenspeed adjustable Short Shift Kit ($200) (Reduces shifter slop. Without tools, you can make the shifter either shorter, or longer than stock. I kept it on the short side)
  • JCW F57 shift **** ($100, original included) (looks and feels cool to me, original **** is included if you want it)
  • 17x7 Advanti DST Storm rims w/Potenza extreme performance summer tires RE-71R 205/45 ($840+$720) (I have never had rubber this sticky, an amazing tire)
  • WMW SS brake lines ($100) (Improved brake feel and safety)
  • Polyflex lower engine mount poly inserts ($50) (Gives the throttle a more immediate and positive feel)
  • German performance shop alignment ($200) (tracks straight, no uneven tire wear)
  • PIAA 510 Xtra driving lights ($250) (Original ones were a bit tarnished, so I swapped them out. These are brighter and the black color meshes better too. The PIAA covers are easily removable for a more classic look.)
  • Bluetooth phone/music module ($45) (works great - hands-free calling and music streaming)
  • Stubby Radio Antenna ($20) (just for aesthetics)
Oil change Summer 2020 (two oil changes in the last 3 years/10K miles have been completed).
New wipers, cabin filter, overall check Fall 2020.

The bad:
Paint: There is a nickle to quarter-sized dent on the hood near the driver's headlight. Some tiny paint chips on the hood. There is a tiny area on the passenger door edge that has a chipped clearcoat.

Currently the auto sensing wipers work intermittently (pun intended). I believe this is because the sensor mount has delaminated slightly from the window, and this may just need to be glued back on. 2nd and 3rd speed wiper settings work perfectly.

There is a very small chip in the windshield. I expected it to grow and fix the wiper sensing problem above for free (a new sensor mount would come with a new windshield) because I have "no charge" glass coverage, but it has not grown in the three years I've owned the car.

Last edited by Joseph Shmoe; 01-08-2021 at 02:10 PM. Reason: lower price
Old 12-12-2020, 03:34 PM

Lower price

Last edited by Joseph Shmoe; 01-08-2021 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:30 PM

Lowered price $12,750

Last edited by Joseph Shmoe; 01-08-2021 at 02:10 PM.