Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   Tires, Wheels, and Brakes (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/tires-wheels-brakes-29/)
-   -   Recommendations wanted to replace run-flats (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/tires-wheels-brakes-29/recommendations-wanted-replace-run-flats-4204/)

Tonemaster 05-31-2011 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by bad venge (Post 11691)
A TRUE performance tire non runflat will improve the handling drastically over the eagles

I've removed my runflats after 5K miles and never looked back...

I carry a tire mobility kit , air compressor and a bottle of slime , I also carry a dynaplug kit , and if all those fail a AAA card with towing insurance.
Also have a spare set of wheel at the house that the wife can bring out incase of a flat

Hi, did you mount the non RFT's on your RFT rims? I've heard you can't do that?

Thanks

bad venge 05-31-2011 05:59 PM

I removed the RFT's and replaced on the factory wheels no trouble at all

arrbeejay 07-12-2011 02:48 PM

I'm looking to replace the RFT on our 2009 Cooper. I mentioned this to a tech at the dealers, and he said the Mini's suspension was 'tuned' for the RFTs. Any truth to that? Are there any other adjustments that need to be made other than replacing the tires (and stocking up on air and glue...)? Thanks in advance!

bad venge 07-12-2011 03:40 PM

I replaced with regular tires 6 years ago never did anything else

arrbeejay 07-19-2011 09:22 AM

Happy with new Falkens!

Just a quick note to thank you for your advice regarding replacements for RFTs. I just bought four FALKEN ZIEX ZE-912's from Discount Tires Direct and had them installed on my 2009 Cooper. I wouldn't describe the ride as 'cloudlike' (which wouldn't be a true Mini experience anyway!) but the difference is incredible. Thanks! :)

SeniorChief 07-24-2011 08:27 PM

just bought an 09 Cooper S for my wifes birthday,told her to start saving for tires...........how much are they? any good online vendors?

Dave2009S 08-01-2011 03:02 PM

Turanza (OEM) R.F. Tire = poor

My 2009 S came with Turanza brand Run Flat Tires. At 18,000 they are bald. Unacceptable. Had dealer align and ballance 3 times. Wife drives easy. I am, also, looking for a recommendation. Willing to give some performance for longevity.

BMBULBE 12-11-2011 10:22 PM

I ditched my run flats long ago because they were noisy and rough riding. I hated them after a while, in fact. I'm now running Michelin PE2 Pilot Exaltos, and love them. They are quiet, and handle well in both wet and dry.

SeniorChief 12-13-2011 08:42 PM

how much are tires gonna cost....ballpark?

BMBULBE 12-16-2011 07:59 PM

Tire cost can vary quite a bit depending on make, performance level, durability, etc. Run-flats go for premium $. A reasonable range would be $85 to $180 per tire. I recollect that my Michelins were around $130 each. Check out Tirerack's site. Alex on Tirerack's staff seems especially knowledgeable about tires for our cars. Hope this helps.