Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Got a new wheel setup, or questions on the best brakes? This is your section!

Recommendations wanted to replace run-flats

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Remember going to non runflats there is no spare so incase of a flat tire you are stranded

You need to get a plug kit/tire mobility kit I also recomend a tow insurance/AAA card

I'm running TOYO Proxes +4 tires got 25K and 60% left

I kept runflats on the wifes amd shes got the continental contipro runflats
shes over 25K as well wirg 60% left as well

Old 12-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Default Replace runflats

Suggest you go to the Tirerack site. One of there best rated replacement tire is the Continental DWS (dry,wet,snow) and at a very reasonable price. They mount directly on the run flat rims with no adjustment.
You will not have a space so take some of the advise already given about slime and a pump. I have heard that a Honda mini spare will bolt right on a Mini-but haven't had he chance to try it yet.
You will get a great ride and mileage by getting off run flats.
Roger

Old 12-27-2011, 11:13 PM

Thanks for the tip. Do you also have any recommedations about high performance summer tires? I noticed that my summer Michelin Pilot PE2's are getting "down there" when I mounted my winter tires.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:25 PM

Frickin service guy @ San Diego Mini says you can not put regular tires on the RFT rims. Also got a nail in a sidewall and he said it had to be replaced @ $325,,,,how muck are they at a real tire shop?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Of Course the Mini dealers going to say that ...
I know TONS of folks running regular tires...

I've bought full sets of runflats with under 1000 miles for $300 currently have 3 sets in reserve for the wifes car

Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 PM

I kinda caught him in a lie.....when I got the nail in the tire he was telling me all about putting on regular tires,,,,,now he is telling a different story

Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM

I just purchased on '08 S Convertible and the first thing I did was get rid of the run-flats ... hated the ride. Put Michelon Pilots on and I LOVE 'em. Bought a DC air pump, can of 'Tire Flat' and have AAA Membership. Like bad venge said ... I'll never look back.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Default Gas Mileage

I've measured the mileage on the '08 S I just bought twice and both times, I'm running around 10-20 MPG ... is that what I can expect from it?

I really thought it would be much better than that???

Old 12-13-2012, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by MrRTF
I just purchased on '08 S Convertible and the first thing I did was get rid of the run-flats ... hated the ride. Put Michelon Pilots on and I LOVE 'em. Bought a DC air pump, can of 'Tire Flat' and have AAA Membership. Like bad venge said ... I'll never look back.
Heard nothing but good things about those Michelin Pilots, might have to check them out!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 AM

i Do Really like the car but...the drive is really, really difficult. While it was in for support I forced an 11 small with 16" wheels and the drive was considerably better and still fun. Is this because the 16" wheels allow for more rubberized on the street or maybe because they weren't run flats? Are the run apartments known for a harder ride? Would I be better changing to 16 inches wheels or just change from run flats?

sydney limousines | sydney limousine service | airport limousines sydney | Limousine and car services | limousines and cars services | sydney airport limousines
For further information Call us: 61-414974062
Information: info@sydneyelitelimo.com.au 28 Sunny Crescent, Punchbowl NSW 2196

Last edited by Poleeydavid; 11-13-2015 at 06:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Recommendations wanted to replace run-flats