Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Got a new wheel setup, or questions on the best brakes? This is your section!

Tire Replacement

Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Question Tire Replacement

Hey Everyone --

I bought my first Mini about 2 months ago, and unfortunately, I've already gotten a nail in my back tire. I just found it this morning after my low tire pressure warning went off. Of course I'm running run-flats so I can't just get it plugged and I'm going to have to replace it. My husband contacted our local discount tire, and they say that they can get us a replacement and install it this evening.

My question is, has anyone ever had any issues getting the tires replaced at places other than the dealer? One of my friends, who is a long time MINI owner, had an issue back in '03 where they didn't install the tire correctly and it messed up the computer and sensors. She has sworn off all shops except the dealer at this point, but that was 9 years ago and I'm hoping places like discount tire may be better equipped to handle the MINIs now that they and computer sensors in the wheels are more common.

Thoughts?

Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

9 years ago runflats were in their infancy , now most shops are used to TPMS runflats

Old 04-05-2014, 04:40 AM
Default plugging runflats

probably way to late to help but came across this thread. I had a run flat plugged 2 years ago and no problems. I AM going to replace them though because ride is harsh and noisy.