Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Got a new wheel setup, or questions on the best brakes? This is your section!

what to do about my tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Default what to do about my tires

Okay so my tire size is 205/45 R17 I currently have Goodyear eagle RunFlats the tires are horrible they are loud, you feel every pebble, and they currently have bubbles in the side walls which I hear is very common. I have also read and talked with a few tire dealers only to find out that most people are getting less then 12000 miles out of a set of tires even after rotating regularly. I cant afford to purchase 350 dollar each tires every year. Can I put non runflat tires on my mini cooper s I have the white enamal rims? I was told I had to have the RunFlats with these rims is this true what will happen if I put regular tires onthese rims.I am currently considering purchasing new rims and putting non runflats on the car since this will save in the long run HELP has anyone had this issue? what should I do I feel sick about the whole thing. [&o]

Old 08-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Default RE: what to do about my tires

Had the same trouble. Decided to go with non-runflats. Several choices. I used Dunlop Sport Maxx. Huge difference in the car. Quiet, softer ride, handles better. Just get one of those slime repair kits.
Maybe you can get 75. for your old runflats.
Not sure why they put them on, as it is a better car by far without the runflats.
My 2 cents.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Default RE: what to do about my tires

Just put non run flats on, no big deal.