07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Mini Cooper S Not Starting.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Exclamation 07 Mini Cooper S Not Starting.

So after looking online all day I have come to the decision to post this here. So this is my predicament. My Mini was working just fine at around 1pm Texas time I got out and turned it off. I went back around 3 ish and started to run a cable through the cabin to power my new amp, let me note now that I have not touched any of the cables in the car nor unplugged anything at all. I removed the cover to the battery to get to the gromet that goes through the fire wall, ran the single red cable through it and that was it. I went to turn on the car out of curiosity and nothing. I put the key in brake then clutch and nothing except for one click in the engine and one click in the fuse box. Mind you I ran the red cable near the fuse box but didn't touch or unplug anything from there. Now I unplugged the battery to reset the car no go. I closed the doors and rolled the windows up and locked the car and unlocked it just in case it was the anti-theft no go. Tried to jump the battery no go. Tried a new key fob as i have two of them and still no go. Even tried popping the clutch in case it was just stuck but still no go. Any ideas?
oh and just in case someone asks yes the radio and locks and windows all work just fine.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:06 PM

So its a little frustrating that no one seems to reply on this forum isnt it?

You did check all the fuses and connections relating to the starting system? You are getting power to the inside of the car? All accessories and lights come on? How about the grounds? Any lose wire or short could cause this.