07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine light on...constantly!

Old 05-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Default Check Engine light on...constantly!

OK, so i bought a 2007 Mini Cooper base model. When i test drove it the check engine light was on and i told them...so they obviously reset the computer and turned it off. OK cool...24 hours later its back on. So i call them back and say hey the lights on again. They tell me to bring it in, and i do. They flash it (or whatever its called) and they tell me its a "cam sensor". So they tell me they will order it and it will be here in a week. So i wait that week, the cam sensor comes in and they a drop it off its gonna take 3 hours, cool so i do that. Get the car back, engine light is off..and then BOOM 24 hours almost on the dot it goes back on. So i call them AGAIN and say, lights on again. So i bring it in and they tell me its ANOTHER sensor. They say "this sensor will be here tomorrow". It takes another 4 days and then i bring it in two days ago...say it will take 30 minutes so i dropped it off and wait. Get it back, engine light is off....and boom about 24 hours later its on again just like clockwork. These people gave me a 30 day warranty and i believe they think im an idiot and are trying to push me past that 30 day mark so they dont have to do **** and fix the car. Does anyone have any ideas on the subject...i know obviously a check engine light could be anything. But a mechanic told me that mini coopers computers run on a 24 hour cycle, so if they restart the computer it will just turn it off for 24 hours (the check engine light) and then it will just turn right back on cause they didnt do ****.