07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newowner questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Default Spare tire issue

Thanks very much guys for clearing that up. I must admit I'm not thrilled that I will now have to have an expensive repair done for a simple flat tire.

Originally Posted by jahearn
Just bought an '11 Mini base and was told only the base Cooper has the spare. The "S", based on the configuration of the exhaust (dual and center exit), has no room for one.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by cooper1
Please let me know what you find out I am about to buy a 2007 Mini that also comes with a service plan and I have no clue what that entails.
Yours must be an extended service plan as the one when you buy a new mini is for 3yrs/36000 miles. it does transfer but you have to take the car to a mini dealer which sucks for me because the closest one is 150 miles away!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by theturk
I had a question I have a 2005 Mini no S(auto), I had the check engine light come on and where you see the "D" for drive in the speedometer there are the letters"EP". Does anyone know what this means? I hate to take it in for service for something I can fix. If I went in for service every time the check engine light came on I would live at the dealer.
My manual says that is an electronic problem and must be addressed asap.......sorry for delay in response, been very busy as of late!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:20 PM

Huh...that's weird. I thought that the S came with run-flats and completely without a "spare" - I always thought: (1) you're not supposed to use a reg. tire with run-flats; and (2)replacment run-flats are pricey and so not likely to be included in the car as a spare. I wonder if your MINI is a one-of-a-kind?! : ) Cheeky little thing!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by JMBL
Huh...that's weird. I thought that the S came with run-flats and completely without a "spare" - I always thought: (1) you're not supposed to use a reg. tire with run-flats; and (2)replacment run-flats are pricey and so not likely to be included in the car as a spare. I wonder if your MINI is a one-of-a-kind?! : ) Cheeky little thing!
Not sure if that was for me I could be wrong but from what a previous person said the "S" minis do not come with a spare because there is no room under the trunk because of the exhaust exiting in the center. Mine is not a supercharged thus the exhaust exits to the right and my spare is on the left. Also my car came with run flats but the spare is a donut spare.