07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Treatment from MINIUSA and BMW Headquarters

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Default Treatment from MINIUSA and BMW Headquarters

This has nothing to do with Mini dealership their service is great this has to do with the treatment from MINIUSA and BMW headquarters.

Last edited by usarmycop; 03-14-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: MINI USA reps will be meeting with us about the issue.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM

Do you have a story to post?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Funny how I see this happen ...Time and time again

Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 PM

What do you see happen time and again?

Old 03-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

People post complaints on open forums and THEN mini comes in and says they will help if tey remove the post

Old 05-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Default !!!!Update!!!!

OK, so Mini of Orlando, called us almost two months ago to remove our original post. They asked because MINI USA contacted Mini of Orlando because of a car show in Vegas last month and they did not want anyone to see this post because they thought it would detour future customer and they told us they wanted to help with our issue which at this time I believe was a lie. I did what they asked because they promised that the rep for MINI USA would meet with us to look at the issue with the clear coat. I even took our Mini to Fields auto body person that said it was a factory defect and if we did not get it fixed we should get rid of the car because it will spread and he pointed out a few new areas that we did not see but him being a auto body guy noticed. I have called several times and talked with the service manger to find out when the rep will be in to look at our Mini. I am told every time they will get back to me. I think I have waited a good amount of time before I re-posted this statement below. I am very disappointed with the treatment from Mini at this time.

Original Post
This has nothing to do with Orlando Mini their service is great this has to do with the treatment from MINIUSA andBMW*headquarters. The clear coat is separating from the paint on all body panels except the roof. The Mini rep that goes to the dealerships looked at the car and said it was an environmental issue so I guess living in sunny Florida with no salt on the roads the rain must wash the clear coat right off the car. We took the car to two body shops where they said the clear coat is coming off due to factory defect. MINIUSA told us they stand behind their rep and there is nothing they can do for us. They wouldnt let us talk to the mysterious phantom rep who made this decision. I could understand if they car was 10 years old with dings, dents, and scratches but the only wrong with the paint is the clear coat. They said we are out of the warranty because it is over 50,000 miles which is fine if it was mechanical work but the 12 year corrosion warranty doesnt apply to us because we should have known to have the corrosion check done every 2 years is what we just found out. Also the Mini customer assistant manager said he is they highest person in the chain of command we can talk to about this issue. So what it comes down to is you as a customer doesnt matter the MINI rep does because whatever he says is golden and you can not get a second opinion even if you go to experts like at a body shop. I guess MINI doesnt care about repeat customers once they have your money you are on your own. The car was paid off last year with my husbands deployment money. Sadly we have so much money invested under the hood and in accessories they body shop said if we dont fix it will spread and suggested we sell it if we arent going to pay out of pocket which we should not have to seeing as it is a factory defect. I would never suggest a MINI to anyone due to the treatment of them. I guess customer satisfaction ranks low with them.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:46 PM

C'mon Mini (BMW) you're better than this!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:31 AM

Good luck! I just started looking at Minis this week.