Critters In the Cabin Filter - Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Critters In the Cabin Filter

Old 03-31-2018, 07:24 PM
Unhappy Critters In the Cabin Filter

Our next-door neighbors have a 2013 Clubman S. They were smelling a distinct odor like rodent urine inside. I offered to check their cabin filter and sure enough, something had built a nest. I pulled the filter, cleaned the housing out and put in a new filter. All better now. However, the critters were getting into the cabin filter housing somehow and they were able to drag in a surprising amount of insulation, food, etc.

Do any of the experts here know where the cabin filter intake is and/or how to prevent this from happening again?

TIA!

Old 04-04-2018, 10:31 AM

the opening is behind the battery. the flap must be stuck or broken otherwise it closes [email protected]!

Old 04-28-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Minitobe View Post
the opening is behind the battery. the flap must be stuck or broken otherwise it closes [email protected]!
Thanks so much for the reply. (I posted a "thank you" a couple of weeks ago but it never appeared for some reason.)

We located the cabin filter intake behind the battery but there wasn't a "flap" of any sort, just an opening. We're still not sure how the critter was dragging so much insulation into the area. The cowling cover was secure, etc.

There is a square opening next to the intake that appears to go straight down. Without putting the car on a lift I can't be sure if it's open under the chassis or not. I'll post a couple of photos for reference.

The owner's going to ask about it the next time he goes to the dealer.

Thanks again!

Last edited by richsadams; 04-28-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:38 PM