2002-2006 Mini Cooper (R50)

Glove Box Lid

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Default Glove Box Lid

Got my first ever Mini, a 2003 Cooper.just before Christmas (despite growing up car crazy in the UK). On the way home the glove box lid fell down at every major bump I came across. The amazing thing is that the only other Mini I ever drove was a 1972ish Mini Clubman my mum had in the UK and the glove box lid always seemed to fall down on that too. A nostalgia design piece by BMW perhaps, just like the whine in reverse, but it's starting to get on my nerves and I can only think about my dearly departed mum so many times in one day.

Is there an easy fix for this? I've briefly looked at it and it looks like there is no room for adjusting anything.

Thanks, Tim

Old 02-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Default RE: Glove Box Lid

i just started having the same problem...lol...annoying isnt it mine only seems to happen on the hwy thank god.take a tiny piece of duct tape and put it across the top of the notch on thepost idid that and with the door open gently pushed the post towards me from behind sounds silly but worked although i thinkthesmall piece of duct tape is y it worked tacky but nobody will see it.mani have put 3 latches on 325ic in the last year and half i think its kinda of bmw thing.hope it helps.i justgot my mini too though i was wondering if there was a known fix myself

Old 03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Default RE: Glove Box Lid

Hello Everyone I’m new this forum and I just opened up a Dismantler shop in Southern California. I decided to specialize in MINI Coopers since there so compact and easy to learn compared to other cars. I’ve filled my warehouse full of MINI parts “original” MINI parts. I’ve got everything from Front end parts, rear ends, quarter panels, engines transmissions, tag axles, struts, springs, headlights, taillights, radios, CD players, air bags, turbochargers, superchargers, intercoolers, floor mats, navigation systems, speedometers, technometers, control arms, struts, drive axles, front and rear seats in leather, leatherette, and cloth, ABS units, throttle bodys, air flow meters, and etc. Call me Tim at 818-768-4800 if you got any questions regarding any part.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by jei2574
i just started having the same problem...lol...annoying isnt it mine only seems to happen on the hwy thank god.take a tiny piece of duct tape and put it across the top of the notch on thepost idid that and with the door open gently pushed the post towards me from behind sounds silly but worked although i thinkthesmall piece of duct tape is y it worked tacky but nobody will see it.mani have put 3 latches on 325ic in the last year and half i think its kinda of bmw thing.hope it helps.i justgot my mini too though i was wondering if there was a known fix myself
Was the small piece of duct taped to the inside of the hooked latch?