General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Mini Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Default 08 Mini Cooper S

Hello everyone,
I joined this forum about a month ago in order to get a general insight on a Mini Cooper S before making a purchase. I took a look at a silver stripe less 08 Cooper S today and I fell in love with it. Everything is stock, just the way I want It before adding my own mods. It's got 75k miles on the clock, 16" mini wheels wrapped with Blizzaks, very basic dashboard with the typical gray circular trim around every instrument gauge and remarkably well maintained black leather seats, with the exception of small creases on the driver's. The dealer's asking price is $14,500. I was considering it an awesome deal since its the newer turbocharged model, typically I see supercharged R53's going for that amount. I made an appointment to take a better look at it tomorrow when its brighter out, I should take it for a spin then.
What do you guys think? is it a good deal, should I be aware of any defects with this model?

Thanks in advance

Old 11-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

seems rather high mileage on three year old car my 05 just hit 75k

check and see if there is any remaining warranty depending on date of purchase

get the vin and see if you can get the maintenance records