General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ants in my Mini

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Default Ants in my Mini

I just bought a brand new Clubman. There were some ants in it and the dealer told me that they got 99.9% of them out when I took delivery of the car. Well, they only got the .1% of the ants and they are in the body of the car. They fumigated the undercarriage and now the ants are in the driver's side quarter panel. What kind of damage can these ants do? Should I ask for a different vehicle? I have owned my Mini for 10 days and I was able to drive it less than 24 hours. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 10-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Thats a new one to me ... never heard of ANTS on delivery ...
I'd see if they can fumigate it again ...otherwise new car ///
I doubt they can do any damage

Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 AM

Hi, I'm new to the site but have had my MINI for about 5 years. Today when I went to get breakfast for work I noticed ants all over in the area of my doors and windows. There is some food in my car but it hasn't been there long. I plan on using a bug bomb, after scouring the internet for an hour that seemed to be the best plan. I was wondering if there were any other ways the people here could think of to get rid of the ants, other than getting rid of the food, which is already done. Also does anyone have any experience with a bug bomb in the car? I have the leatherette seats if that matters. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

I'd trashbag the seats or unbolt/remove them

Old 07-15-2010, 06:25 PM

I would try some home defense that u spray on. I would think a bug bomb would get really hot for it to put out smoke and u would have to clean the residue of the window and everything else. IMO

Last edited by gasser; 07-16-2010 at 07:20 AM.