Help! water in rear trunk area 2018 mini cooper - Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! water in rear trunk area 2018 mini cooper

Old 08-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Default Help! water in rear trunk area 2018 mini cooper

Been to the dealer twice. They say its the rubber seal on the hatch that needed to be sealed with sealant. I told them that the water is running down the channels along the rear hatch along the tail lights and then at the bottom where the water can run between the bumper and the body it should drain out but it docent it is running along the inside of the bumper or something and dripping in through that rear plastic vent that is just below the latch on the inside panel.

anyone experience this, is there a fix dealer even told me that it wouldn't leak when the rear hatch is closed. BS it still does. I think it has to be some hole behind the bumper where it shouldn't be getting in and they need to remove the bumper cover but they just don't want to.

HELP!!