General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long must I wait?

Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Default How long must I wait?

At the risk of sounding completely impatient, how long must I wait for my new Mini to cross the pond? What's the average timeframe that I am looking at? How 'bout once it hits soil (Oxnard to SF Bay Area)? MM-IC

Old 03-16-2007, 03:09 AM
Default RE: How long must I wait?

When I ordered mine last September, I was told it would take 3 months. I was very lucky in that someone who had order one almost identical to the one I ordered, cancelled their order and I got their Mini after only a total of a 4 week wait. (the person who cancelled wanted to get the newer model). The only difference between the two was the one I took delivery of had heated seats, and the one I ordered did not. (The heated seats are definately worth getting! I got lucky again.)
I was talking to a gal in a Mini that happened to be getting gas at the same time as me the other day. She ordered hers in April '05 and got it in November '05.
My guess is it varys, depending on the production rate, the number of orders, and when you happen to place the order. I think it also varies from dealer to dealer based on how they are doing against their quota. I'd probably count on 3 months.
My dealer claimed they could predict delivery within a few weeks. Have you asked that question of your dealer?

Old 03-26-2007, 02:17 AM

ChileCooper,
I hear the normal wait time is 3 to 4 months from the day you make your final decision until you have the keys and get to drive it home. I really wouldn't expect to get yours before then, unless you get lucky like
cougsfan. But congrats on the new purchase.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:39 PM

Our cars move in 6 - 8 weeks.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:55 PM

How accurate is the owners lounge website?
The dealer quoted 6 weeks, and the site now says the car is finished, but is waiting for transport.
What should I expect for that, to NJ?

Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 PM

I got mine in 5 weeks. Ordered thru Towne Mini in Buffalo NY.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:49 PM

mike
so after the web site told you that car was waiting transport, how long did it take until it arrived in the dealer. my car is waiting for transport...
thanks

Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

mine took 8 weeks from time of order till it reached the shores , then another week and 1/2 till delivered

Old 04-12-2008, 08:06 AM
CMG

mike
so after the web site told you that car was waiting transport, how long did it take until it arrived in the dealer. my car is waiting for transport...
thanks

I would love to get this exact question answered too, Maybe Tommy could chime in with his recent delivery time? Mine is awaiting transport as of today and wondering how long it took to get to you dealer? My dealer is in Mass.

I'm not asking how long it took anyon to receive their's from date of order thank you very much.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:52 PM
CMG

Its ready, I get it tomorrow am

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long must I wait?