General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long must I wait?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Default RE: How long must I wait?

Let us know how you like it!!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 AM
CMG

What a fun little car to drive, its hard to tell the limits of handling but its rock solid. Power is higher than I expected, easily short shft or skip gears around town with no problem at all. I also expected to have to drop a couple gears to pass other cars on the hi-way - wrong. It pulls well all the time. Only gripe is no power lumbar seat, My Maxima's seat has a trillion adjustments, I'll get used to it. I'll post a pic later

Old 05-11-2008, 12:10 AM

Yeahhh! Congrats! I ordered my mellow yellow, black bonnet 2008 cooper on April 21st, I just checked it and it is en route to the distribution center. I check it everyday. It torture for me. at first i thought no big deal, but these have been the longest weeks ever. I imagine it will take the longest at the distribution center. I hope i get in time for the MINI TAKES THE STATES "08".

Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 AM
CMG

Had widows tinted couple days ago - good times so far

Old 05-11-2008, 07:12 AM
CMG

Old 05-11-2008, 01:49 PM

I seem to be dead in the water in getting my hands on a 2008 at all. There is only one dealer up here in the Pacific NW that I know of, and they have such a monopoly on them...it is sad. I went to talk to the salesperson yesterday and she offered me $3000 less than Kelley blue book on my 04 Miata, and then proceded to tell me that I would have to custom order my car at MSRP. Is this normal? Can a car broker get ahold of a Mini??

Old 05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
CMG

Paying MSRP for a Mini is not a surprise, a lot of dealers actually charge over that figure - and almost all are custom ordered and shipped from the UK. Mine took 4-5 weeks. as far getting screwed on the trade, try and sell it out right, its the right season for a Miata

Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 AM

There are two dealers in the Pacific Northwest. one in Tacoma and one in Portland. The one in Portland offered a much better deal that the one in Tacomawhen I was shopping for a new vehicle.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:49 AM

I have read through all of these posts and I see a wide range of time frames. I would like to know "how long does it take for the car to cross the pond?"

I think I remember seeing a way to track the boat. If anyone has that information on the tip of your fingers that would be helpful.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:18 AM

I think it depends on what coast you live on. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I have bought processing equipment from Europe before and had it shipped to oPortland or Seattle area via the Panama Canal and it has taken 5-6 weeks on the boat. Then you gotta wait for it to clear customs, which could take another week or two. I would assume cars are similar.
I was told all Minins on the west coast are shipped to San Francisco and trucked from there to the dealer. Probably got to add another week for that.

Quick Reply: How long must I wait?