General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long must I wait?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Default RE: How long must I wait?

Let us know how you like it!!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 AM
CMG

What a fun little car to drive, its hard to tell the limits of handling but its rock solid. Power is higher than I expected, easily short shft or skip gears around town with no problem at all. I also expected to have to drop a couple gears to pass other cars on the hi-way - wrong. It pulls well all the time. Only gripe is no power lumbar seat, My Maxima's seat has a trillion adjustments, I'll get used to it. I'll post a pic later

Old 05-11-2008, 12:10 AM

Yeahhh! Congrats! I ordered my mellow yellow, black bonnet 2008 cooper on April 21st, I just checked it and it is en route to the distribution center. I check it everyday. It torture for me. at first i thought no big deal, but these have been the longest weeks ever. I imagine it will take the longest at the distribution center. I hope i get in time for the MINI TAKES THE STATES "08".

Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 AM
CMG

Had widows tinted couple days ago - good times so far

Old 05-11-2008, 07:12 AM
CMG

Old 05-11-2008, 01:49 PM

I seem to be dead in the water in getting my hands on a 2008 at all. There is only one dealer up here in the Pacific NW that I know of, and they have such a monopoly on them...it is sad. I went to talk to the salesperson yesterday and she offered me $3000 less than Kelley blue book on my 04 Miata, and then proceded to tell me that I would have to custom order my car at MSRP. Is this normal? Can a car broker get ahold of a Mini??

Old 05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
CMG

Paying MSRP for a Mini is not a surprise, a lot of dealers actually charge over that figure - and almost all are custom ordered and shipped from the UK. Mine took 4-5 weeks. as far getting screwed on the trade, try and sell it out right, its the right season for a Miata

Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 AM

There are two dealers in the Pacific Northwest. one in Tacoma and one in Portland. The one in Portland offered a much better deal that the one in Tacomawhen I was shopping for a new vehicle.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:49 AM

I have read through all of these posts and I see a wide range of time frames. I would like to know "how long does it take for the car to cross the pond?"

I think I remember seeing a way to track the boat. If anyone has that information on the tip of your fingers that would be helpful.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:18 AM

I think it depends on what coast you live on. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I have bought processing equipment from Europe before and had it shipped to oPortland or Seattle area via the Panama Canal and it has taken 5-6 weeks on the boat. Then you gotta wait for it to clear customs, which could take another week or two. I would assume cars are similar.
I was told all Minins on the west coast are shipped to San Francisco and trucked from there to the dealer. Probably got to add another week for that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long must I wait?