General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions regarding my mini

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Default Questions regarding my mini

Hello everyone !!

I just recently bought a 2004 Mini Cooper S (Supercharged)
I have a few questions off the bat because I kinda bought it on a whim after giving it a test drive (originally went to the dealership to check out a subaru WRX). So I don't really know a whole lot about these cars.

Is it an R50 or R53?

I have had the car for about 2 months now and my Harman Kardon amp blew. Now after reading some forums it appears that this is a pretty common problem. Mostly it seems because of the placement of the amp (water able to get through the tail light) HOWEVER.....I am quite curious to know what specific amp is in mine so I know what I need to buy off ebay because....I don't really have $1000 to spend on a new one through dealerships.

Secondly I want to start tweaking my car a bit. Keep in mind I am not a wealthy person. I am an average college student with decent income. However I want to make my car go a little faster, make it look much nicer...Essentially I want it to stand out a little bit more than the rest of the minis I see on the road.

Lastly...is there a forum marketplace on here? Where people sell stuff to other members

Thanks in advance
-Kevin

Old 08-28-2013, 06:00 PM

supercharged aye? tell me, how often do you race your mini cooper and love the wide eyed look at the losers

Old 08-29-2013, 07:59 AM

Lol in all honesty I don't race it a whole lot....However I have and I'm not afraid to take off on a highway on ramp...It gets some looks =P

It also has that essence too, when someone asks about it and I say its supercharged....the word supercharged with a very small car just goes very well together :3 haha

Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Thumbs up

Hey buddy, I too have an '04 Mini S. I'm also on a budget so here are a couple things I did. I went from a 2 ball exhaust to a one ball exhaust. Meaning I had the other muffler taken off. It sounds way better. Gives a little extra umph. the other thing I did was get an aftermarket grill for it also. I plastidipped it and it looks awesome! Gotta admit it was a little frustrating taking off the grill. By the way, the grill on the bumper is a 2 piece. I would suggest borrowing a pry tool from someone. It helps to have the right tools. Hope this helps in any way. Peace!