General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously Considering a MINI

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Default Seriously Considering a MINI

Okay I am in college, the car I have now was my moms and I don't really have any feelings toward it. I want to buy a MINI for many reasons, ans just want your suggestions on certain aspects of creating one. My dad has a 2003,Cooper S, the first car he bought was a MINI, so the first car I buy will be a MINI. I was thinking about a Cooper, in either Oxygen Blue or Astro Black white roofs on both. I want to know what you think are the three most vital features on your MINI, nothing that is standard. Oh and one more question about sun-roofs. My dad doesn't like them and claims they have problems. Has anyone actually experienced any problems with them?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Default RE: Seriously Considering a MINI

I have Astro/Black 06 with AB roof and wouldn't have it any other way. The metalic paint looks goofy with a non metalic roof in my opinion. I have the sunroof with no problems and couldn't imagine the car without it.

I had a Cooper with almost every available option (the dealer ordered it as a show room car) and traded that in for a Cooper S with only the stuff I actually used which is as follows:

I do a lot of highway driving and HAVE to have the cruse control, the audio controls on the wheel is really nice too. I really like my on board computer but it's not necessary, I like the speedo in the traditional place so I have the Chrono pack, the extra info is really nice anyways. Heated seats are nice, I have the sport pack so I also have Xenons and foglights, I never use the foglights but the Xenons are nice to have and give it more luxurious feel in my opinion. And I love my Harman Kardon Stereo (same as the HiFi for 07-08.) I think those are all the features I have on my MCS. Oh... limited slip diff is a must when you make 200+ whp but forget it if you're buying a Cooper.

You should go to a dealership and spend as long as you want playing with every option you're thinking about it before you buy. You don't want to end up with something you don't want or end up without something you want.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:06 AM

Yeah, my dad and I are in the dealer every month. All the people at the dealership know me by name. I have been habging out there because of my dad since it opened. His car is like their piece of glory. I really need to put pictures up, but its under a cover right now. I like the idea of heated seats, but in FL we don't get many days when they are nessessary. I really want a sunroof, I love them during the fall and spring. My dad doesn't like them because he said they take up too large of a percentage of total roof space. I have to take his suggestions in consideration, as hemightbe making half of the monthly payments. The multi purpose wheel is a must, a sunroof, the auto washers and headlight sensor is really cool and the xenon lights are also on my list of 'needs' lol. I am conflicted with rear fog lights, auto ac, and body color. I really like the white roofs, but dislike both reds. Does anyone have a checkard dash. I really like the concept but I haven't seen a very good picture of one.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:09 PM

I am also considering a Mini. I am just curious if there is anyone tall on here that drives one. I am 6'1", not a giant by any means but I need me leg room ... I have been leaning towards the Clubman do to its additional room (currently have a jeep and don't want to give up too much space) and it would seem to be the more humane way to cart my brothers around (6'1", 5'11", and 6'4"). I would be adding a roof rack as mandatory equipment. Also has anyone gotten the "navigation system" and knows how it works the the computer?

Thank-you