General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can I replace the navigation screen with?

Old 04-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Default What can I replace the navigation screen with?

Hey everyone! I’m new to the forum and new to Mini’s! I recently purchased a 2006 Mini Cooper S convertible for my daughter. It came with the navigation system in it which I feel is useless since it’s much easier to use your phone connected to the stereo system for navigation. Is there anything I can replace the navigation screen area with? Possibly a speedometer or something like that instead of always staring at a blank navigation screen that won’t be used.
Thanks for any help!

Old 09-20-2018, 12:14 PM

We installed an after market back up camera in our 2014 Countryman. When in reverse, the screen show the backup cam view. It works when the stero is in use but not specifically the nav system. I ignore the nav!

Old 08-08-2020, 06:35 AM
Default Nav

Originally Posted by howlinmadman
Hey everyone! I’m new to the forum and new to Mini’s! I recently purchased a 2006 Mini Cooper S convertible for my daughter. It came with the navigation system in it which I feel is useless since it’s much easier to use your phone connected to the stereo system for navigation. Is there anything I can replace the navigation screen area with? Possibly a speedometer or something like that instead of always staring at a blank navigation screen that won’t be used.
Thanks for any help!
I have a 2008 Cooper S, and the on board computer lets me display the speed in the center window of the tach. It’s made a huge difference. And I agree, with all the technology onboard, the nav system leaves little to be desired. I do use my phone nav and just Bluetooth the directions through the stereo. Best of luck !!