General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wich air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 02:23 PM
Post Wich air intake?

Hi guys, just bought a 2011 countryman s.

And i wan't to know wich brand is the best for the cooper r60?
And wich one will not put un chck engine light cause of the mass air flow.

I already see a couples of brand but it's my first mini so i don't know what's the best brands.

Thanks

Old 03-22-2016, 10:58 AM

I'd look into aFe or M7 HERE. There is some good info on them at that link. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:35 PM

Just leave it factory. The filter flows very well and filters the air properly. The 11's have a well functioning true cold air intake from the factory. You'll waste your money on an intake/ air filter set up. Those other filters and mainly filter housings are money wasters. Also will not help performance what so ever.

Most people think by putting a different "better flowing" filter in the vehicle that it will take in more air and make more power. What people don't realize is that even if a power gain did occur (which it doesn't) it would be so minuscule you would never notice it. All you would be doing is allowing the engine to take in more dirt particles which is the number one cause for oil degradations and engine wear.

If you don't believe this, just test the theory yourself. Take the air filter out completely and drive the car around the block (don't continually drive with no filter as for reasons stated above). See how much "faster" the car is with no filter. This would be the best possible air flow into the engine so if you don't see performance gains there how would a expensive "performance" filter make more power.

Trust me, that part is better left factory.

Also, you won't set a check engine light with any filter exchange, even no filter won't set a check engine light. Oil from aftermarket oil based filters will get on your mass air flow sensor and causing an incorrect Readin of flow and that will set the check engine.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:07 PM
Default Air filter

Hi I have fitted a k and n direct replacement filter,no problems with check lights or oil contamination on maf,no improvements at all bit none expected.only using to try and help with the amount of rubbish going into landfill.i drive a fossil fuel car by choice and love it,just trying to do a bit for the kids planet 🙂