General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2011 Mini

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Default 2011 Mini

I just got my mini and I had a code when my engine mis fired.Coil pack bad 2 out of 4,plugs bad.Has almost 50k with original plugs.I was getting 41 mpg on highway/30 plus in town. Doesn't seem possible with the condition of coil and plugs.I asked for new wires and I'll see what happens.Should I be concern with the lack of parts that shops don't carry.I plan on doing as much of the maintenance as possible.The car was in mint shape and it ran well enough so it's going to be interesting see how good it goes. I must wait 3 days for the two back wipers.
Plugs are 3 times cost what the Subaru I had. Any reasons why?I haven't been able to drive car since last Saturday.Looks like new tires and brake pads all the way around.It's really irritating when the dealer should of invested a few dollars more so this wouldn't happen.

I paid top dollar for the car and I think it's reasonable to expect car in tip top running shape.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:20 AM

German cars tend to be more expensive to maintain than Japanese cars. MINI's are known for their maintenance needs. What 2011 MINI do you have? We have parts HERE for you, which will be way less than dealer pricing.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Default Parts

Thanks for your prompt response.I don't know where the shop was trying to get parts but I found your site and I told the place where the dealer said to take mini clubman.He found all the parts except for back wipers blade which I'll have next week.I don't use them but it the point I want to make it should of been replace because there were original.

I owned a 2010 VW Jetta TDI loved how fast the car was and fuel mileage.Yes,German cars cost more to run.I like them better than Japanese generally.I've owned 5 nissan trucks,2 fords one being 7.3 which I loved .I guess ,I was disappointed that dealer had not considered tuning vehicle considering it has 50k on it.It has new tires ,brakes all around.I drive 5k a year at most.I plan on keeping for 3 years and getting a turbo.My subaru need head gasket.I went a year with no car payment but I had a $200 repair bill 11 months out of 12.I was no farther ahead cause I had a car I couldn't trust and I didn't like it as I 've always travel for work so I alway had good vehicles and I traded every 5-6 years.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:01 PM

You're welcome. If you need anything be sure to let me know.