General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2012 countryman dme and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 06:41 PM
Default 2012 countryman dme and other questions

i had my mini in the dealership to check coolant leak and check engine light. I just got my quote for 11k in repairs. Not sure they are hosing me or not.

The in invoice said 2 hard faults stored for dmtl pump failure and intake vanos activator fault. The following codes were given to me.
Cf2d
e717
272b
287d

durung their diagnostics they said they found oil in my dme and body harness, dmtl pump failure and a stretched timing chain

I am curious is the dme not a sealed module? If so how would oil get into it where is the dme and the dmtl pump on the car?

I was was also told that my coolant leak was from the oil filter housing gasket leaking. Not sure how I only have coolant on the drive way not oil.

Any help understanfing Fing this would be appreciated as I not paying 11k for repairs on a 14k car.

Can an I get a dme from the wreckers and just plug it in or does it need to be programmed? Also would like to find out where the dme and dmtl pump are on the car as I can get a engine for about 2200 and want to make sure I have these 2 items.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:34 PM

oil control valves go bad. oil will seep through them and if gone undetected will seep all the way into the DME through the wires. so thats how it gets oil in it even though its sealed. the dme is by the air tubes for the intake on the driver side of the motor. its covered and has three massive plugs going to it. the dmtl is under the car underneath a couple panels in the rear of the car.. if the oil filter housing gasket is like the ones on bmws there are two seals. one for coolant and one for oil. so its possible to come across your concern of not seeing oil. the timing chain and oil filter housing repairs are decently involved. for the oil filter housing the front clip has to be moved to reach it. and the timing chain...well all sorts of fun goes on. and i believe DME's are vehicle specific...so i dont believe you can grab any old DME, but you want to research that i could be wrong.

Old 12-05-2022, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Monkey
i had my mini in the dealership to check coolant leak and check engine light. I just got my quote for 11k in repairs. Not sure they are hosing me or not.

The in invoice said 2 hard faults stored for dmtl pump failure and intake vanos activator fault. The following codes were given to me.
Cf2d
e717
272b
287d

durung their diagnostics they said they found oil in my dme and body harness, dmtl pump failure and a stretched timing chain

I am curious is the dme not a sealed module? If so how would oil get into it where is the dme and the dmtl pump on the car?

I was was also told that my coolant leak was from the oil filter housing gasket leaking. Not sure how I only have coolant on the drive way not oil.

Any help understanfing Fing this would be appreciated as I not paying 11k for repairs on a 14k car.

Can an I get a dme from the wreckers and just plug it in or does it need to be programmed? Also would like to find out where the dme and dmtl pump are on the car as I can get a engine for about 2200 and want to make sure I have these 2 items.
how you fixed it? I have same problem