General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Factory Problem 2009 Mini

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:54 PM

They finally replaced the high pressure fuel pump and my mini has been driving fine. Now, whenever it rains, the sensor switch in the rear hatch malfunctions and my trunk hatch pops open when I am driving. My mini has been in the shop twice for this problem. We got some substantial rain here in SoCal yesterday so I am curious if it happens again. When it does happen, I found that when I am driving, if I lock the doors the hatch won't disengage. Just an FYI if anyone else has this problem.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Default Engine light mystery

My '09 Mini Convertible S has been in & out lately & it only has 5,600 miles! It's a garaged car & I only use the highest octane gas from Chevron. Just lately it seized on me while I was trying to accelerate to cut across some lanes - the car just jerked & the gas pedal wouldn't respond. That is quite dangerous. Then yesterday I tried to start my car but only the AC & all electrical came on , but no engine. No clicking, nothing. Only the yellow engine light that says it's too much of a load for the engine. Turned off the AC & tried again, etc, etc, to no avail. The dealer says diagnostics shows no issues or faults recorded from the engine. They say nothing's wrong.

I'm losing confidence in my little car. From what I'm reading, this is not an uncommon situation. Any other hints out there?

Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Default Looking for others with similar problem

I own a 2011 mini S convertible. Love the car. Bought it in Dec and took my first big top down trip in march. Coming home April 3 in a snow and slush storm, my engine light came on. I pulled over at the next exit due to the fact that there was 6-8 inches of slush on the road and the visibility was poor. At the top of the exit ramp my car died. To make a long 26 days short, my car is still in Utah, the engine is fried and Mini is not going to warrenty this issue. I have 3500 miles on my new car that i have paid $3000 on and it is going to cost me around $9600 to repair the engine. I don't think this should be my cost. Looking for others with a similar problem or someone who can give me some advice on what to do. I am a school teacher who can't afford a car payment and the price of a new engine.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

What is the reason Mini is not covering the motor ? 3500 is not enough miles to not cover it for any reason I can think of