General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help! 50k miles= new engine and water pump??? what's wrong with this story?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Default help! 50k miles= new engine and water pump??? what's wrong with this story?

Desperate Need of Help! 2009 Clubman- 55k- needs new engine and water pump

ForumsToday's PostsLog InRegister

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 100%; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

Home*/*Fixing Problems and Issues

*Desperate Need of Help! 2009 Clubman- 55k- needs new engine and water pump

* #1**

Minimini1212*, Yesterday 10:24 PM

A little history:

I bought my car in 2014- 1 owner, at 33k miles- 2009 Mini Clubman*

I had it inspected in NJ at Prestige before purchase and they said it was very well taken care of- no issues.

Dec 2015- My car starts over heating, the signal pops up with a warning to slow down. I pull over and open the hood and its smoking....and a rat jumps out lol! Seriously, a rat jumped out...

I thought, maybe the rat chewed something and caused the problem. Luckily I was around the corner from the mini dealership in NYC.

I told them what happened and they said they had to perform an inspection to figure it out. Said it could take awhile so I Left my car from about 11am - 6pm. I received a call with a list of issues.*

2 Major Issues: Water Pump Leaking & Found Engine Oil- recommendation was to replace the valve cover gasket and water pump.

I replaced the water pump at 51,098 in Dec, replaced the valve cover at 52,915 in Jan, 30 days later due to finances.

When I got my car back, I noticed it was not picking up as fast when pressing on the gas. Thought it was just me and then I noticed my gas was running out faster than normal. I drive about 5-10 miles a day unless I'm going to visit family out of state. On top of that, when I pressed the brake at a lot it would say, oil pressure low. But it would go away once I continue to drive. I had my oil changed a few weeks prior. I started to hear a cranking noise so I stopped at a auto mechanic in the area. He check under the hood and it was smoking and I had no oil. He filled it up for me and said something wrong or either the person that fixed my car took the oil out and didn't replace it, or maybe they did not check at all.

I'm devastated and go online to research and I read about engine problems. I call the dealer and told them what I was experiencing and they gave me an appointment to come in 2 weeks later. I got the call today that I need a new engine. its about 10k

I'm trying to figure out, did the dealer do something wrong or....

after thinking about it. A car backed into my car while it was parked. I was there when it happened. Everyone freaked out and though someone got hurt because it was very loud. But there was not damage I could see and it was at night. I did file a report because there was paint damage. On my report from the dealer, it mentions that the hood needed excessive force to open. Which is odd because I could open my hood with ease.

I know my story is long, but any advice would be appreciated. I love my Mini...I don't want the fun to be over.

ToyotaŽ Sienna

Reliable Ride. Roomy on the Inside. Learn More About Sienna Today!*2016 Toyota Sienna | The original Swagger Wagon