General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tell me your mini issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Micha717 - For the R57 MINI Convertible (2009+):

#15 in the above diagram left side ( driver ).

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/54342758089/

#15 in the above diagram right hand side ( passenger )

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/54342758090/

Thanks and hope that helps.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Default Mini Cooper S A/C issue

2006 Cooper S Convertible, 6 speed manual transmission.

The air is cooler coming from the right side vents.
Maybe 4-6 degrees cooler while running the A/C.

Is there a valve in the duct that may not be closing fully?

Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Default 2006 Cooper S Convertable

The air temperature is cooler coming from the passenger side dash vents then the drivers side vents. Just a few degrees when max AC is selected.

Is there a air valve located in the AC duct that may be faulty?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Angry Bad Mini Warrantys

Well every time I go to my Mini dealer they **** me off! Last time our 09 Mini while it was still under warranty, the engine light came on. Dealer checked it out and told us that there was "excessive carbon buildup on the valves and it would cost us $1000 to get it fixed" ! WHAT it only had around 12k miles on it, but then they asked what gas we used and we almost always use Costco Premium gas, Well, they said, that's the problem, you can't use "junk" gas, you must use only top tier gas!! So they refused to fix it under warranty although it is obviously an engine design problem! (we got fixed elsewhere at half the cost, and oh, BTW Costco is top tier!!)

Secondly the bonnet scoop chrome will ripple and peal away, dealer has covered this yearly since the vehicle was new, this again is a known problem. So last week I went in for an oil change and a new hood scoop as I was told that all parts they replace cover a year mfg warranty but was told Mini changed their policy and will not warranty parts they have replaced under warranty!! Pissed off again!! Every time its something!! I will never buy another Mini!

Old 10-10-2014, 05:35 PM

I have an 02 mini cooper with an automatic CVT transmission and I just want to know what other transmission would be compatible with this car. If not how would I go about getting part for a rebuild on my own?

Old 10-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Default Kaput Supercharger

I have a 2006 Mini Cooper S with 126,000 miles. The supercharger is kaput. I hear it's an expensive fix. I would like to know what's involved. Thanks.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:27 PM

I have a 2009 Mini Cooper S JCW. The Alternator just went out. suggestions on easy removal? Also There are two different alternators that show up for my car one is 120v other is 150 which would be right for me.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Default Driver side window

Originally Posted by dschmale
Hello guys and gals. I’m a BMW technician but am moving to a newly constructed mini dealer in the next two months. They haven’t yet completed the service facility so here I wait.

I was wondering what issues you all have had relating to your vehicles through the course of your ownership? I want to be particularly sharp on the mini as it will be the only car I repair for years to come so please, let me have it… all of it. Relay stories or simple, “x happened at y miles, dealer performed z and it did/did not fix the problem.” Any complaints about issues that have been resolved on the forum here? Any general gripes? Any suggestions where to look for a “database” of technical issues. I will have access to the tech database when our dealer code clears in a few weeks but honestly, nothing is as worthwhile as the experiences of owners and enthusiasts.

As soon as I am up and running at the new dealer, I will be happy to field questions regarding your vehicles. PM me, post here, let me hear all that has gone wrong with your vehicle, what repairs were attempted, any other info you feel pertinent. Mods, I am not not out for anything but info. I may post this elsewhere with your blessing. Thanks.

-DOUG

BMW master; ASE master automotive technician.

My driver side window has stopped working. I can hear it trying to work but it does not go up or down when the switch is moved.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:02 AM

Hi guys and gals, I am new here, my mini 2003 model jerks when slowing down and going up as well but when at steady speed it is ok.. I have changed my spark plugs abd connecting cables but the problem remains...

Thanks

Quick Reply: tell me your mini issues