General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

What a crappy mirror design! All of em'!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Default What a crappy mirror design! All of em'!

First off, greetings! I just purchased my first MC! 04'S. I love it! But as always, there are things about the design that just confound the hell out of me. I traded in my (much loved)ToyYoda 4runner for the mini. One thing that always stood out was the enormity of and excellent design of the the rearview/side mirrors without being an outstanding visual feature. The mini's mirrors are poorly designed and frustrating as hell to try to get used too. Take for example the rearview mirror, it doesn't even reflect the entirety of the rear glass (something I believe all mirrors should do), and the housing is considerably larger than necessary for such a small reflector. I'm tall, 6'2' and when I'm city driving, I've found it very necessary to raise the bucket height all the way up to compensate for the small reflection of the side mirrors (which, i understand the diminuitiveness to a degree). I'm finished griping-but my focus here is two things; Does anyone else see this as a major design flaw or have this problem?? AAAAND Does anyone know of a replacement rearview mirror that providesmore area??(possibly from the Bimmer line of cars?)

I realize it's a sports car blah blah, but why the hell is there ZERO storage and no armrest in the 02-06 gen mini's??? Aside of course from the $300 aftermarket armrest/storage compartment online....(which doesnt count)

I bought it, i love it, but i wanna see what's coming up behind me so i see the look on their faces when i press the gas and disappear

thanks