New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

Brand new here, really wanting a Mini, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Default Brand new here, really wanting a Mini, suggestions?

Hello everyone, since I'm new here I'll send out some background information.

For starters, I work at a Corvette shop, and my boss purchased a 2006 Mini Cooper S. His original intent was to keep it, but certain situations arose and he decided to advertise it for sale. We put it on our website, and got some feedback. To make a long story short, the new owner is picking it up tomorrow.

I had to take some photos for the website, so I got the chance to sit in the car. Let me tell you, it was my first time in one, and I had a smile on my face the whole time I was in there!

It just so happens I'm in the market for a different vehicle. I currently own a 98 Saab 900S, high miles and high frustrations, lol. I've been considering a VW, but after sitting in the Mini, I decided that one would be cool to have.

I signed up here to get some feedback, as to the quality of the vehicles, fun factor, performance, etc.

Obviously I would like to go brand new, but that's way out of my price range, but is there a cheap way to get into a new Mini? Such as their lease program? Is anyone out there leasing?

This would be my first brand new car, and only my 2nd overall car.

As for the models, is the standard model a real dog or is it still peppy, even without the ehnanced performance options the S has?

I'm not looking for the fastest car on the road, I just don't want something really sluggish, especially coming from a turbo Saab.

Thanks in advance for your input, hopefully someone here will care enough to read all this lol.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Brand new here, really wanting a Mini, suggestions?

If you can get a certified preowned that would lower the price and give you a better warranty ... leasing I've neve been a big fan because of the mileage linmitations...
I'd suggest driving both and see what you like ... The standard mini is not bad but might be slower then the turbo saab ...
There are tons of low mileage used around with plenty of warranty left

Old 03-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

also if you haven't been hit the mini website and build your own , it gives prices, leasing and financing info

Old 03-20-2008, 09:41 PM

LOL. IronMan6976 I just sold my '96 SAAB 900S because it had high miles and MAJOR FRUSTRATIONS. If you are able I'd sell the car as fast as you can. It seems that the older a SAAB gets the more problems that pop up. I bought mine used and for any car it is so important to take proper care of them. If any car is not taken car of and the regular maintenance is not done, then you are going to have problems.

I sold the SAAB and bought a Honda Civic. The Civic is dependable and relatively fun to drive, but nothing like the MINI Cooper. I'm in the same boat you are- wanting a Cooper. When the time is right we will have our own.