New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine management light

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Default Engine management light

Hi members, I have just bought my first Mini Cooper a month ago, love it!... But 2 days later EML came on. I had it diagnosed locally to me and said it was oxygen sensors. So it went back to dealer as it has 6 months warranty they said they would sort it. They put 2 sensors on, one each side of the CAT. Had it back nearly 2 weeks and light has come on again. I'm a tad fed up as I don't live near where I bought it from, it's about an hours drive and is costing me in fuel and train fares. Any ideas what else it could be?

Old 04-14-2016, 02:30 PM

You'll need to plug into the OBDII port and check for faults. A P code should be present, which will lead you to an idea of what the issue is. If you don't have a diagnostic scan tool, sometimes a local Autozone should be able to read the code. What symptoms does your MINI exhibit?

Old 04-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Default Eml

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
You'll need to plug into the OBDII port and check for faults. A P code should be present, which will lead you to an idea of what the issue is. If you don't have a diagnostic scan tool, sometimes a local Autozone should be able to read the code. What symptoms does your MINI exhibit?
It's weird but when I got in the car to leave work yesterday evening the light didn't come on and it's stayed off at moment. Can they be a bit tempremental like this?

Old 04-14-2016, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Minimess66
It's weird but when I got in the car to leave work yesterday evening the light didn't come on and it's stayed off at moment. Can they be a bit tempremental like this?
You might have an intermittent issue at foot, but you'll still want to pull the stored code to figure out what is causing your issue. Even though the light has turned off, the code will still be present in the system.