New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excited newbie with a question already (hope it isn't a dumb one)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 05:56 PM
Default Excited newbie with a question already (hope it isn't a dumb one)

Hello,

I'm B, and this is Blanche. I've been a Mini owner for two days now, and already realizing I have a lot to learn about my adorable new car! I think her manual is going to be my spare-time reading material until I get the hang of things.

For starters, Blanche is an automatic 2013 Mini Cooper Hardtop (White Silver). My first question is about the headlights. I noticed that they automatically come on when I start the car, and they don't turn off even when the switch on the left is flipped all the way down to 0. Now, they do turn off when I turn the engine off and take out the key - or at least they seem to be off. I don't see any light on the console indicating the lights are still on, or any dinging noise, the way it would be with other cars.

I just want to make sure my battery isn't running down at the moment haha. Blanche is so unlike any car I've ever driven, not being sure of myself is making me nervous. But the quirkiness of a Mini Cooper is why I was determined to get one!

Attached Thumbnails Excited newbie with a question already (hope it isn't a dumb one)-file_000.jpeg  
Old 04-26-2016, 12:26 PM

Welcome to MINI Cooper Forums. Congratulations. I love White Silver What you're describing is probably your DRL (daytime running lights). They don't turn off when the vehicle is on. It does not harm your battery so you're fine. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to let me know. Enjoy!

Old 04-28-2016, 11:02 PM
Default Thanks!

Such a relief, you have no idea haha