New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

there is no 96 that I'm aware of ...

Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by bad venge
there is no 96 that I'm aware of ...
You are right 2006 -- DOH

Old 03-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Default I bought it

Originally Posted by nomadic
I'm very close to buying a 96 cooper S convertible. It has 13 months left on the maintenance, (oil, brakes etc...) but the warranty has expired and for 3K I can extend it for 36K - 3 years from my date of purchase.

I'm of two minds on the warranty for 3K.

1. It's good piece of mind and the dealership is right close to my wifes work.
  2. I don't know of a good Mini repair shop near Leesburg, VA.
  3. The car has been serviced at this dealership since 9K miles.
  4. I've just read about breaking engines on this thread - YIKES!
  5. I can roll it into the financing and while I'm paying more for it overall I don't have to come up with 2K if something does go wrong inside warranty period.
OR

• What is a likely catastrophic failure on a manual transmission 96 Cooper S that is supercharged and thus has no turbocharger?
  • If something catastrophic goes wrong we all know that dealerships are the most expensive places to get your car fixed so the dealer costs vs repair shop costs could be as much 3K vs 1500.
  • I've already got the maintenance agreement for the next 13 months so hopefully the dealer will see a catastrophic problem coming down the pike when they are performing routine maintenance. (Hopefully?)
Bought the car and bought the extended warranty for 3100. It's an additional 3yrs/36K miles. My thoughts on buying it were as follows. While I love my shade tree mechanic I'm not sure he's as capable as fixing my Mini as he was my Olds Bravada. I dont know another mechanic out here for Minis. I got a good feeling from the service manager at the dealer when I was discussing it with him. He said I'd be coming at 49K for some service that *will* be done and covered under warranty which costs $700. This is my first high-end type performance car. I've always driven American or Honda/Toyota so I want to keep it running in peak performance while it is running. I don't want this car dying a slow death.

It's convenient to my wife's work as I mentioned in my previous post.

I'll be one here weekly so all you who have posted great info in the past, please consider reposting again for newbies.

Thanks very much -- Be Well.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Default Anyone know a turbocharger service in the Tri-state

Hello,

Im looking for a turbocharger service for my MC, 07. This is the second turbo that failed. I want to bring the car to someone that knows what they are doing. Its not normal for 2 turbochargers to fail and finding the correct shop to isolate the cause would be great.

I could only find one shop and they are in NJ. From my readings on other forums I found this workshop and they do some unique work. They actually build a larger performance upgrade Borg Warner K03 turbo for the Mini-Cooper. Does anyone have experience with this turbocharger repair shop?

Scroll Products
111 Clinton Road Unit 6
Fairfield, NJ 07004
201-925-0825
info@scrollproducts.com