New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Smile Hi Everyone

Firstly I'm not a Mini owner, I've registered here to actually find out more about the Mini itself and its capabilities. I've been back and forth on different types of vehicles and I tell you when you have restrictions and needs it sure is making it impossible to come to a decision.

I commute everyday to work, approx. 170km (105 mi) and I'm looking for something that is obviously decent on fuel (hopefully doesn't require premium). Can't afford to buy new and hoping to get something around 12k mark ( i know not a lot) and want something sporty and fun, however one major wish, on occasion I do need to tow a trailer, approx. 900lbs total. Currently I use a Mazda Protege 5 to tow and it works pretty damn good, very impressed, but like quite a few imports, rust is starting to take hold of my car and the fact I have put 270K on it, so its time for it to sleep.

I've only started researching the Cooper Clubman (2008-2010) but know nothing about them, do they have rust issues, will this vehicle tow at all, do I need the 'S' version, basically I am only able to watch YouTube videos but I absolutely know no one who either owns or has owned a newer Mini Cooper.

Can you offer any suggestions, and please be blunt, if I'm barking up the wrong tree for its usage, please tell me. I've always liked the Mini lineup and some of my past choices I have been toying with also are the Nissan Juke, Mazda 3 but recently got interested in the Clubman, due to its size, and of course being European I"m assuming it is a high quality build.

Sorry for chapter explanation. Thank you.

Last edited by DMIMAGE; 05-12-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:26 AM

Hello there. I think the Mini for you would be the Mini All 4. It's a 4 wheel drive Mini Cooper. Don't bother with the S Type because all S Types require 91 octane. In all honesty I don't think I've ever seen any Mini with a tow hitch but i'm sure it's quite capable. Cheers