New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, I'm New

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Default Hi, I'm New

Hello, I am new. I plan on buying a Mini S 2007 in the next few months, I am having a problem deciding if I want to go ahead and get a 2007 with a turbo'd engine or a 2006 and under with a supercharged engine. I personally prefer turbo. I just wondered what was the best, easiest to work on, easiest to gain power. I am a from the "import tuner" world, lol, so I have a built Civic, but its time to grow up for me. I have always wanted a mini and I was very excited when they changed over to a turbo motor. Any advice???? Thanks!

Old 03-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Default RE: Hi, I'm New

Yep, if you plan on tuning it, get the supercharger. There's nothing for the turbo yet and it's proving very hard to tune. You can get 250 whp with bolt ons, a head and a tune with the older engine.

Welcome.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:35 PM

The only thing I honestly would hate about the supercharged version is no BOV!!! Its like a disease, I need it!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:46 PM

Haha, there's a bypass valve... I suppose you could make it whoosh if you really wanted to.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yes the S/C is easy to add more power... an underdrive pulley is an easy upgrade ... Until someone cracks the fuel computer for tuning the turbo is harder to build unless you want to try to run standalone fuel management...Header and exhaust are all bolt ins and remember the best part NO TURBO LAG!!!!!!!!