New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Racing vs. Mini Driving - What to do?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Default Motorcycle Racing vs. Mini Driving - What to do?!?

Howdy folks! So I'm a coach for a motorcycle trackday organization, motorsports photographer, and overall bike NUT. I love anything that goes fast, but mostly, it has been bike and open wheel related. Well, not even anything open wheel - F1 only!

My girlfriend, Samantha has an 06 Cooper, and it is as stock as it can get. The driver side rear wheel has a horrible wobbly sound coming from it, which I assume is the rotor. Plus, the tires slide just looking at them. HOWEVER, we took that thing to the Dragon today, and......OMMFG that thing is a damn blast! So much so, I'm not sure if I want to spend time in the Mini or on the bike! To drag knees or to Phil Wicks 2-Wheel it all over town?!? It's a dilemma!

While we were up there, we ran into a gentleman who was on a cross country trek from Yankee land to his new (old) home out in California. He had an 03 S which had a few JCW upgrades on it, namely the supercharger. He took Sam for a ride while I followed. Wow, I'm in love.

Anywho, I've been looking around to replace my HHR, and I'll be in the market in about 6 months. After today, I believe I'll be looking forward to hopping in a JCW. I'll probably be asking a ton of questions about them in the next few months. To start off though, Sam needs to do some work to hers, so my posts will be concerning her baby for the time being.

Cheers, fellas!

Old 09-09-2012, 08:13 PM

Here we are during our short trek today: