New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

New member from Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Default New member from Las Vegas

Hello fellow MINI fans!
I`m new to the forum. I currently do not own a MINI, but am hoping to purchase a Cooper S convertible within a year or so. I figure this would be a good place to do some research, hear from MINI owners before I become one myself.
I`m happy to be here

Old 03-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Just bought a 2006 Cooper S convertible last Friday, March 5th. I'll keep you updated. It's a very cool car - first impressions - I love my Mini.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Talking

Bought a used one Jan 3rd of this year. 2003 S. So far, so good. I replaced the stock antenna with a shorter stubby and FINALLY replaced the tranny fluid with some AMSOIL. It's a MARKED difference from what was in the gearbox. SUPER SMOOTH shifts....no more 2nd gear rakes from time to time.
Anyway, this thing is such a joy to drive and I hope you get yours soon.

Only complaint I have - which has nothing to do with how the car performs: fuel prices. It needs premium and I live in a city where premium is at a premium. SUCKS.

Hello fellow MINI fans!
I`m new to the forum. I currently do not own a MINI, but am hoping to purchase a Cooper S convertible within a year or so. I figure this would be a good place to do some research, hear from MINI owners before I become one myself.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 AM

[quote=obgmugen;11272]....
Only complaint I have - which has nothing to do with how the car performs: fuel prices. It needs premium and I live in a city where premium is at a premium. SUCKS.

quote]

I asked the dealer the dealer if I needed to put premium in my 2006 Cooper S. He said No and in fact his unscientific research from his customers is that 89 gives the best results.

It's the high ethanol content I'm trying to avoid. He said as long as you're putting good gas in your car ie a gas with detergents eg I'll be in good shape.

In fact since not as many people use premium vs regular gas you've got a better chance of getting that nasty tank sediment in your car because the premium sits longer in the ground.

I'm going to use different octanes from different stations and document performance and gas mileage.

I'll keep the board updated.....

Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 PM

Would appreciate some input on this matter, BadVenge. Thanks in advance!!!

I asked the dealer the dealer if I needed to put premium in my 2006 Cooper S. He said No and in fact his unscientific research from his customers is that 89 gives the best results.

It's the high ethanol content I'm trying to avoid. He said as long as you're putting good gas in your car ie a gas with detergents eg I'll be in good shape.

In fact since not as many people use premium vs regular gas you've got a better chance of getting that nasty tank sediment in your car because the premium sits longer in the ground.

I'm going to use different octanes from different stations and document performance and gas mileage.

I'll keep the board updated.....[/quote]