New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Socal member checking in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 05:57 PM
Default New Socal member checking in.

Hello MCF! New to this forum. Just picked up a R56 S 6spd. The rest of my stable consists of : '16 Ford Explorer S, '05 Ford F150 KR, and a '06 BMW M5. My Mini is an '09 got it for dirt cheap, condition reflects that too! Picked it up as kind of a toy /side hobby. I'm no mechanic but i'm not helpless either . Car was in pretty rough shape when i got her, she's still a work in progress. Took her to a mini mechanic but they are too high priced so it looks like i'm gonna be getting dirty. So far I've replaced a bunch of trim pieces, changed the coolant reservoir, brakes, rotors, bearing hubs, and break sensors. Seems like that last person to have touched this was a total slob. It had missing bolts, missing fasteners, they broke the brake sensors (probably left the calipers hanging) had a vacuum leak from a loose hose, and the bolts were all WAY over torqued, had to use a breaker bar for practically everything. The main bolt for the hub job (32mm) was a beast to get off! What i'll be doing next is adding some coil overs. I'm thinking it may need either motor mounts or transmission mounts because if the shifts aren't delicate it clunks real bad. Also my suspension, i think, is squeaking over every bump. All parts have been ordered thru A-1 Auto parts, seems like a decent site for prices. If anyone knows of a better site please let me know. So that basically sums it up for now. Glad to join this forum and anyone local to Chino Ca feel free to PM me for anything you might need.