New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible door seal leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Default Possible door seal leak

Hi everyone. I bought a 2013 countryman all4 recently. During this last big storm up near the Tahoe area, my floor got wet enough I needed to shop vac it out. My driveway is on a bit of a slant so the right side of the car sits lower than the left. Both front and back floorboards got wet. Is there an issue with the door seals that anyone knows about? I'm going to get a cover for the car but haven't yet.

I have since started parking with the nose of the car down to see if this makes a difference.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:51 AM

Do you have a sunroof? If so, check the sunroof drain tubs to make sure they're not disconnected. They're above/behind where the sun visors are and can get detached causing water to accumulate inside the vehicle. If not, take a pressure washer and spray the exterior of your doors by the seals while you sit inside and watch to see if you can see water get in.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the response. I have had a lot of rain and snow over the past month. Once I started parking the car nose or tail down hill the water hasn't gotten in again. I have two sun roofs because it's a countryman. It sat with a lot of snow on top of the car and I didn't get any water inside when it melted. Only when it rained hard and it was tilted sideways. I will take it to the car wash and spray it to check for door leaks. Great idea. I don't think it's the sun/moonroof leaking but I'll check. Thanks

Old 01-30-2017, 10:13 AM

You're welcome. While you're spraying the door seal, I'd just spray the sunroof area as well. Make sure someone sits inside the car to see if they can watch the water seep in. That way you can eliminate areas from the table. Good luck and let me know what you find.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:34 AM

Ok I sprayed it and no water came in anywhere. When parked in the rain and tilted slightly to one side the right side of the car has leaks. It's just odd. I'm going to look closer to the weather stripping today. It looks good and seems to seal but there is a trickle of water at the front bottom of the door. Also different question. I want to change the oil but not sure if it's a must for synthetic oil. I referred to the owners guild and that was not addressed.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:19 AM

You can call your local MINI dealer and they can tell you what your MINI requires. It shows in our catalog that your Countryman uses Genuine MINI - 0W-30 Synthetic. You'll want to confirm this as I do know some MINI models use 0W-40 Synthetic: 2013 Mini Cooper Countryman S ALL4 Hatchback - Accessories and Fluids - Page 1.

As for the leak, it may be one that seeps slowly over time while it sits. I'd suspect a seal at this time.