New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

Standard or optional extras?

Old 09-27-2018, 06:24 AM
Default Standard or optional extras?

I've just bought a preowned 2012 London edition Mini Cooper 1.6 petrol with Chili pack.
A couple of functions don't work, but I don't know if these are standard or optional extras.
So, is it possible that my car doesn't have them fitted, or should they be standard and I need to take my car back?
The functions I've spotted so far that don't work are:-
Voice Control - the button is on the steering wheel, but doesn't make a noise when pressed.
Power folding wing mirrors. I can angle the mirrors using the switch, but not fold them in.
Automatic stop/start - according to the manual this is switched on automaticcally on startup. I believe there are many environmental conditions that need to be fulfilled in order for this to work.
According to the manual, the stereo saves tracks from USB sticks to the car, mine doesn't.

I've checked my owner manual, but this lists everything, but does not specify which functions are standard and which are optional.
It doesn't matter if my car isn't supposed to have these functions, but I have a 3 month guarantee, so I might as well get any problems sorted within that.

Thank you in advance