New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to own a mini cooper!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Default Want to own a mini cooper!

Ever since i first saw a mini cooper it has been the car i always wanted to drive and saw myself driving. Well, when it was time to get my first car, my dad bought me a 1997 ford ranger. I didn't mind it, but never really liked it. Now, 2 years later, I've got some money saved up and am once again obsessed with mini coopers. The problem is, I don't have very much money. By not much, I mean I am looking to purchase a used mini for around $6-$9 thousand. I want an s, but would settle for a normal cooper. Any year that is a newer style mini would be fine with me. So, the reason i came here is to get yall's opinions and advice. Do you think i could find something in this price range? or should i just forget my dream to have a mini.. for now?

Thanks in advance

Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by BigMeech
Ever since i first saw a mini cooper it has been the car i always wanted to drive and saw myself driving. Well, when it was time to get my first car, my dad bought me a 1997 ford ranger. I didn't mind it, but never really liked it. Now, 2 years later, I've got some money saved up and am once again obsessed with mini coopers. The problem is, I don't have very much money. By not much, I mean I am looking to purchase a used mini for around $6-$9 thousand. I want an s, but would settle for a normal cooper. Any year that is a newer style mini would be fine with me. So, the reason i came here is to get yall's opinions and advice. Do you think i could find something in this price range? or should i just forget my dream to have a mini.. for now?

Thanks in advance
I agree with you as far as not settling for non S Cooper. You can use your money you have saved so far for a down payment and make a deal with a dealer to lower down your monthly payments and interest rate. Or you can keep on saving. Best of luck!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:40 PM

I would put a down payment on one, but my parents wont allow me to have car payments.. even though i'm 18. So, if i'm gonna buy a mini it has to be outright. Which really sucks haha

Old 05-31-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by BigMeech
I would put a down payment on one, but my parents wont allow me to have car payments.. even though i'm 18. So, if i'm gonna buy a mini it has to be outright. Which really sucks haha
Your parents are right on but at the same time tell them that they should trust you enough with responsibility.