Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Just Save for a MCS and get exactly what you want.
66.67%
Get the MC, you'll be fine.
22.22%
Twin-Turbo a MC, or Twin-Charge a MCS?
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mini next year maybe?

Old 08-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Default Mini next year maybe?

Being only 16 right now, a Mini is out of the question. So I'm hoping that I can get one next year. Hopefully I can save up enough money to get a MCS, if not I will probably just get a regular MC.

How much do you guys think the MC's will go down by next year? Right now the average I'm seeing a MCS go for are about $18+k. Now, I won't have that much money, and regular MC's are averaging about $14-17k, which is more reasonable. So my question is, should I just save for a MCS, or would it be better to just get the MC and deal with it? I was planning on modding the car later on down the road. Maybe I can pull a Twin-Turbo MC out of my ***?

So what do you guys think?

A. Just save for a MCS and get exactly what you want.
B. Get the MC, you'll be fine.
C. Twin-Turbo a MC, or Twin-Charge a MCS?

Keep in mind I would be going for performance, but it wouldn't be till years down the road...at least the Twin-Turbo/Twin Charging.... [:@]

I also was looking into getting the JCW's kit, but that's just wayyyyy to expensive, so maybe if 1fstmini is still around by the time I get my Mini he can took me up.
Ps. Electric Blue is a MUST!

EDIT** After looking on miniusa, they don't offer Electric Blue anymore for 06'. Can you even get Electric Blue on the regular MC, or is it only the MCS? I want that color, so if it's only avalible on the MCS, then that's what I'll have to get.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Default RE: Mini next year maybe?

I think you'd better go to at least two different dealerships and get an idea how much these cars really cost. Also by going to more than one dealership you can let them know you're shopping around and ask them what sets them apart from the other MINI dealerships. Most will try to say because the car is the hottest car going right now, there is no negotiation. If they want the sale, someone is going to step up and offer you something. I save almost 300.00. I also wanted the S model but that's not going to happen for me right now either and I'm almost 40 years old, albeit I have two other cars and mortgage etc. Who knows, maybe you will be able to get the S model, I don't imagine you have rent to pay. Everyone's situation is different - but do your homework, continue to work hard and save as much as you can and you'll make it happen. By saving for the car yourself, you'll appreciate it that much more. Good luck to you and I hope you get the one you really want!!

Old 08-24-2005, 12:48 AM

Thanks. I would be buying a used one, so no need to go to the dealership. I know new Mini's go for ~$25+k. I think you thought I meant a new Mini. I was going by prices I have seen on Autotrader, local Mini's.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:05 AM

You really don't need to put twin turbos on a 4 cylinder engine. First off, it's going to be practically impossible to fab one up, and second, it really isn't going to affect performance any more than a single turbo could. If they were two very small turbos, you'd have great spool times, but with one regular sized turbo, you'll be able to push more cfm's without the turbo having to work as hard. Twincharging is great though because you have no spool times with the sc, and the turbo takes over once its spooled to provide the cfm's.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:28 AM

I'm guessing this will be your first car. That said, going from experience, I'd honestly recommend the Cooper, and NOT the MCS. I know this will really cramp your "I've always wanted one" and/or the "I need the higher performance" wet dreams, but seriously you have many many years to kill yourself down the road. Don't give yourself the opportunity to fail by giving yourself the means to be speeding everywhere and trashing your DMV and insurance future. The MC is TONS of fun in its' own right, and by the time you're financially able to do some big mods, you'll also be able to dish it out for a pre-owned MCS too.

That's my two cents!
Cheers,
Ryan

Old 10-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Administrator

when i turned 16, i was in a 400hp RWD car...and ive never been in an accident, and never gotten a ticket...

Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 PM

I'm already driving, and buy the time I'm ready to purchase I will have anywhere from 1-3 years of driving exp. Another thing I was wondering....is Electric Blue only available on the S, and what year(s)? I was looking into just a regular MC so I could get it sooner, but Electric Blue is an absolute MUST.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Administrator

what about buying a base model and painting it?

Old 10-05-2005, 08:24 PM

Wouldn't that cost too much? I mean, used MC's are going for $16k+ right now locally. Which I don't have in the first place...so I would have to save that much more, plus it's a regular MC, doesn't the MCS come with more features and such? So for ~$3k extra I can get a MCS with more stuff, and it's already SC'd, so I wouldn't need anything (upgrades) for a while after that. Basicly, wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to just get a MCS? Or am I just too hard to understand?

Old 10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Administrator

from a point of modding it, yes it is very likely cheaper to just buy an MCS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mini next year maybe?