General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tell me your mini issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Default confused about HID conversion

I have a 2007 mini cooper sport model. i currently have oem halogen bulbs. I am trying to install 10k HID's but i am confused on what to get exactly. So far i know the bulbs are h13/9008 and i need some sort of convertion kit? Ive had HID kits in all my previous vehicles and they were all plug and play.. this setup is confusing. I would greatly appreciate if someone can tell me what i need to do and a URL link for the kit i need to buy. THANKS!

Old 11-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Default Convertible top water leak

Ok, so I am new to the Mini scene (well this time around, used to have them back in the 70's!), so I bought this Cooper convertible, 2007, and when it rains it pours in from the upper lip of the side passenger window area and just floods the floor.
The first time it was a major shower, so I thought ok, but then it was raining lightly and the same thing happened.....bugger.
I did check the rubber gasket along the window pillar that actually has a water passage channel inside of it, along with the gasket along the top of the windshield surround. what else to look for?
I placed a sheet of paper between the top and the windshield frame to see if one side was tighter than the other and it was a little looser on the pass leaky side.
Can you adjust how tight the top closes, or maybe how much the locking mechanism pulls the top and the frame together?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, regards....Ian

Old 01-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Default mini cooper r57 key fob

hi i need imformation on key fob,it seems the internal battery is totally flat,can i recharge the battery or replace it,many thaks colin

Old 01-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Here is some more info on the keys. You have a Gen 2 MINI with the round key fob since its and R57 MINI convertible ( 2009+).

The flat battery was CR2032 on the pre 7/2004 MINIs key fobs. Then on the Gen 2 R56+ (2007+) and so on with comfort access only.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/66126912985/

Below is the standard key from R56+ with no backing small cover for the key.

&

The the comfort access key which has the battery cover right on the back to replace the CR2032 battery. Its a small circular lid then the of the cover with a notch so you can snap it off. Then the battery sets into the cap or base and snaps back together.

When my key battery for the comfort access R56 stared to go I got the warning light on the dash.

Here is a pic from the 2013 manual.

And 2010.

Thanks and hope that helps with the comfort access.

Here is a link to where it was talked about with the key fobs and battery on MINIs.

Rechargeable (?) Key - Page 2 - North American Motoring

Thanks

Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Default engine swap

Has anyone put an 07 08 engine and auto transmission in an 02-06 base mini to get around cvt replacement?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Default mini wont drive over 20 mph

2009 mini cooper s. the check engine light went on when i started it and the car wouldnt go over 20 mph. about a week ago it smelled like something was burning in the car but it didnt last long and it hasnt happened since. today when i started it, it was idileing up and down. not anything drastic but not normal at all. when i shut the car off and let it sit for a minuet and turned it back on, the light was off and it drove fine. does anyone know what this could be?? oh and ive actually only owned the car for about 2 weeks. its my first mini

Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Sounds like it went into limp mode. I would have it looked at asap. Have the codes read with a scan reader and see whats going on.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Default 2009 Convertible

On both sides in the inside of the convertible roof right above the back window is a plastic guard about 10" long, one is barely hanging by a thread, the other completely broke off. Occasionally I can still manage to get the top down, sometimes it tells me the top is not down all the way and keeps beeping, other times it's fine.

Do I really need these? I'm afraid it will cost a fortune to fix. Thank you!

Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Micha717 - Depends on what trim it is. Do you have a pic.

Here is a diagram of the R57 (2009) MINI Convertible.

Is it a plastic fabric guard, one of the main plastic trim pieces ?

Thanks

Old 05-16-2014, 08:00 AM

Yes, it is number 15 on the diagram.
Thank you!

Quick Reply: tell me your mini issues