07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 07:39 AM
Question New Toy

Hey all,

Super happy to be a part of the mini community. I've always wanted one of these cars. I recently picked up a 2010 mini cooper s that needs a quite a bit of work. I've worked on and restored cars my entire life so I have some good knowledge of them, but these modern cars always throw me for a loop. I'd like to see what you all think.

There are a few issues I've discovered so far but this is my main concern. The car idles extremely low and runs really rough- worst I've ever seen. Needs throttle manipulation to stay afloat. The car has 1.5 year old gas in it so I'm going to add some seafoam to it, I'd prefer not to drop the tank if possible. Any ideas on why its running so bad? Injectors gummed up? I was told by the guy I got it from that it ran great before he parked it 1.5 years ago.

Another issue is that the radio turns on but the volume is totally unresponsive. Everything else seems to function great. The sunroof also opens but won't shut- it closes a bit then returns like something got in the way. I have it on a battery charger whenever I try this and the battery holds enough juice to start the car. I'm hoping its just a bad fuse but that's probably too wishful.

Other than that I just need a new motor mount, rear control arms, a new passenger window (guy was weedwhacking next to it and put a rock through it), and new tires and I'll have a fun little ride. I'll post a picture of it here soon, interior and exterior look brand new excluding one headlight chrome ring.

Super excited to talk to and get to know you all, and thank you in advance for your input!

Sincerely,
BillyDavNav