General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A legitimate gripe and a plea for advice...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 09:29 PM
Default A legitimate gripe and a plea for advice...

I've been loving life with my 2014 F56 Cooper S for a long time now, but one thing irritates me to no end. Twice now, the keyhole cap for the driver's side handle keeps getting stolen. Replacing the little plastic, chrome painted thing costs over 50 bucks at the dealership.

So here's where I could use some ideas. Of course I'm going to buy another one, but with how easy it is to pop out, what's to stop this from happening again and again? If I use krazy glue, and then the fob stops working, I'm screwed.

Has anyone else had this happen?
What did you do to stop it?
Does anyone else think they could have come up with a design that didn't cost you money every time some troll decided to ruin your day?

Peace MINIyuns

Old 09-21-2020, 12:19 PM

I'm not familiar with these caps so bear with me, but could they be falling out and not getting stolen? If they are getting stolen is there a way to "glue" them in (but not permanently) to make it more difficult to remove?

Old 09-21-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rewind
I'm not familiar with these caps so bear with me, but could they be falling out and not getting stolen? If they are getting stolen is there a way to "glue" them in (but not permanently) to make it more difficult to remove?
there is a button on the handle that you press while using your thumbnail to pry the cap out. First time it happened, I thought maybe I had pressed it and it fell out while driving. Second time, it was there when I parked at my apartment that night, then gone the next day. I could glue it, but I'd have to break it or scratch up the handle to get it out if necessary. Still, it's a pretty stupid design.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Default Seat Covers

Hi all,
I have a 2020 Countryman All4 S with sport seats. I was wondering if anyone uses seat covers.... If so what is the best material or brand to use that fits good?