General Mini Cooper Talk Anything non-technical, but relating to the Mini can be discussed here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ready to buy, but i have questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Default ready to buy, but i have questions

Hi,

I've always wanted a mini cooper, but have been reluctant because I'm somewhat nervous about the reliability problems I've been hearing. It could all be just noise but I'd like some help.

2009, 63k miles. 13k. This is about the price I'd hope to spend (although for the sake of reliability could go higher). I've read up, and as i understand it my biggest worry would be the clutch and carbon build up at that year.

I believe (not sure) this is the JCW model; The listing says it's turbo charged and i noticed today while having a look it has "works" in the door sills. I really like the look of the car, and appreciate all the extras, sunroof, power package, keyless, etc.

My plan is to take it to a mechanic right after purchasing it and having them give it a good look through. We have a good mini (not dealer) mechanic in my area and i would drop it by there for a tune up if needed. I plan on using fuel injector cleaner with every other full-tank. Maybe new plugs, anything else?

I've started it up, looked under the hood, checked for rust, it looks fine to me, but to be honest i'm not really sure what i should be looking for. I've never owned anything other than simple jeep wranglers and am buying this from a non-mini dealer.

Let me know if i can post a link to the sellers autotrader site, i don't want to break any rules as this is my first post.

Thanks everyone, excited to get a mini. If not this one then one soon.