General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Ask a MINI tech

Old 05-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Default Ask a MINI tech

hello everyone i am a tech at MINI of annapolis (formly Tate MINI) and figured if anyone had any issues just post and i can help you out the best i can. i have ran into almost all the concern that everyone on the board is talking about. i hope to be of help on the board.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Default RE: Ask a MINI tech

I have a question for you.

I just had my Mini S serviced at a local repair shop (out of warranty). They are a repair facility for BMW and Mercedes. Well any way: The Service Engine light keeps coming on. I had these guys check it out. They threw a computer on it and it gave a

code 001 followed by

"1, 45, 4, 55 refer to tech service manual"

The light has been reset several times and each second run cycle it comes on.
What is this telling you and what must I do to fix it?

Bob

Old 05-20-2008, 11:06 PM

Whenever I toggle thru the onboard computer i am getting weird readouts..it looks like the temp is accurate as with the speed but the mpgs fluctuates madly then goes up to 99.9.
any ideas?

Old 05-25-2008, 09:53 PM

I purchased a 2003 Mini a few days ago and am going through it to check all of the filters, change oil, etc. While changing the oil, I noticed a 2-3" fan on the undercarriage. My first question is where can I get a Chilton type manual for the Mini so I can read about it rather than bother you. Second, It looks like there was a plastic undercarriage that covers the underside of the car (and protects the fan I imagine). Is that a dealer only part zndis it necessary to have under the car.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:17 AM

I have a question regarding my clutch on an 03 MCS . If I am sitting in my car with it in neutral and let out the clutch fast, there is a knocking noise coming from under the hood on the driver side but when i let it out slowly, there is no noise...The car drives fine. Have you ever heard of something like this? Could it be my throw out bearing?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: MINIofANNAPOLIS

hello everyone i am a tech at MINI of annapolis (formly Tate MINI) and figured if anyone had any issues just post and i can help you out the best i can. i have ran into almost all the concern that everyone on the board is talking about. i hope to be of help on the board.
That is a mighty generous offer you've made. It blows my mind that some one in your position would actually go out of their way to help. Thanks.

My question to you is... Do I really wait 15k miles before my first schedualed oil change? It's the 08MCS.
I hear many mixed reveiws on this questio, and wanted to ask a real Professional what they thought.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:37 PM

thanks for the offer mini tech!

the power steering pumps keeps running when the car is off. just started today (wed 6-18). the car had an alignment done on saturday. could a wire be a shorted wireor something? Pump is very hot. Fan in front of pump did not come on. I had to pull the postive cable to stop the pump from running. pulling fuse with steering wheel icon did not stop the pump.

any help is greatly apprecated!

Mike

Old 06-20-2008, 01:14 PM

I have question about mini in general in the market looking mini for my gf. I don't what there to be aware or what issue I should look for. Please help thx

Old 06-21-2008, 02:09 PM

not sure why you replied to my question about power steering pumps with a question about buyinga mini for your GF?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Hi folks. I'm a newbie as we just got a v.nice '06 MCS at Sterling BMW last Sat. A problem arose when the key remote (for both keys) failed to work. The somewhat harrassed salesman went through the motions to teach me how to program the keys after they were recharged enough by driving an hour or so (enough time to get home, and out of his sight). It involved inserting the key into the ign., turning it to Accessory 3 times, removing the key and pressing the Mini logo in the key fob 3x whilst holding down the lock/unlock button. Which I did. Several times w/ no result w. either key. Is there something I missed? Do I have to run around the car 3 times in an anti-clockwise direction or sacrifice a chicken? Whadda ya think?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ask a MINI tech