New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini on Order

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Default New Mini on Order

Hey just wanted to say Hi, my wife and I ordered our 07' Mini yesterday, to be delivered end of the year ish. Cooper, peperwhite, black roof, premium package, chrome gas cap(crazy expensive, but what the wife wants...) automatic, black interior, premium sound. at this point paying MSRP

The only question i have is if anyone has had any more experience with the clear bra's? we are going to at least spray the bumper, but the debate is the hood, to spray or lay down the film? any words of advice?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Default RE: New Mini on Order

First did you drive the auto? Some don't like it.I drive a MCS auto it was weird. Also the gas cap is chrome on the 07 MC . I have a 07 MCS pepper white with black top itis a beauty. Mine has the Beige leather seats and it comes with the same color door panels i opted for the wood and piano black. It is a pretty car . the leather was about a grand .My sticker was $25,350 I paid $ 24,500
Good luck happy motoring

John

Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM

yeah we drove the auto, the reason for the auto was because my wife doesn't know about to drive a stick.[&o] so i will sacrifice with the sport mode and paddle shifters. Looks like you got a great deal, sticker on ours was 22,150 so what's what were paying, then you add the clear bra, maintence package, tax and all that good stuff... so the MCS puts it out of our price range.(I was pricing it out online) Plus the wife is the primary driver, I have my eyes on what I would like later, but for now it will get us started. The car is still on order so I am going to try and work them down on some things when it comes in, they said nothing can be done till the car is here and we can accually sign anything

Old 10-13-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Jerm800

yeah we drove the auto, the reason for the auto was because my wife doesn't know about to drive a stick.[&o] so i will sacrifice with the sport mode and paddle shifters. Looks like you got a great deal, sticker on ours was 22,150 so what's what were paying, then you add the clear bra, maintence package, tax and all that good stuff... so the MCS puts it out of our price range.(I was pricing it out online) Plus the wife is the primary driver, I have my eyes on what I would like later, but for now it will get us started. The car is still on order so I am going to try and work them down on some things when it comes in, they said nothing can be done till the car is here and we can accually sign anything
There's a lot of prejudice against the auto in the MINI community, but I think the 6-speed automatic in the 2007 is superior to 90% of the transmissions out there, particularly when in the sport mode. Way better than the "slush box" autos that General Motors has been peddling for the past 30 years!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:16 AM

I drove an 07 Mini S with an automatic a few weeks ago. Can't say I liked it at all. To me, an automatic transmission defeats the entire purpose of having a Mini. It may be better than the GM slush boxes, but im my opinion, it still takes away the feeling of being in total control of the car. In my case, I love my standard transmission for the inverse reason: my wife also can't drive a stick, so dang, she can't and doesn't drive my car!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:39 PM

The manual was tempting for me, but I often get stuck in traffic jams during my commute. In a situation like that, a manual is more of a liability than an asset.

I've found that the paddle shifters come in handy when passing cars and climbing hills. My old Audi had a triptronic automatic as well, but I found myself never using it because I had to shift into "manual mode" before I could use it.