New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salutations from a Mini-Admiring Artist!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Default Salutations from a Mini-Admiring Artist!

Hi out there,

Good to be a newbie here! I'm an artist, and I don't own a mini, but I love the look of the vintages in particular. I just finished an original watercolor of a red vintage mini. I painted it from a photo I took on the coast in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA....check it out if you're interested and give me your feedback! I'd love the opinion of the mini masters out there.

Original Watercolor Painting of A Red Vintage Mini Cooper 8" x 10 5" | eBay

Keep rollin' and happy Memorial Day weekend! Hope we all have a great kick-off to summer, and that we all take a moment to honor those that we're given this occasion to remember.

-Diane

Old 05-28-2013, 02:53 AM

I appreciate your mention of memorial day I was in the 101st airborne and one of the few survivors of the beiruit massacre in 1983 its nice to know some people appreciate or service and sacrafice to our country. again thank you.
Sincerely Kurt Seim. or on the forums as banzaihonda.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Default Honoring our Heroes

Hi Kurt,

I think most people have a sense of gratitude to you and everyone else who has served, whether its particularly visible or not. I doubt there was a single American yesterday who didn't at least have the fleeting thought of gratitude for our servicemen and servicewomen, particularly those who have been through things as traumatic as what you've described. And that was just on a holiday honoring you.....I know we all think about it at least occasionally throughout the year as well. Without you all, we would be sunk and I believe people realize that, but often have trouble expressing it b/c there are not adequate words to do so. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you forever and ever. I, too, wish there were deeper words than that.

With deepest sincerity and gratefulness,
Diane

Old 05-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Thumbs up art

I really appreciate your kind words yesterday I was crusiseing my cooper which I have my 101st airborn stickers on like 10st airborne proudly served I had several people pull up and salute me or honk and wave. which made me feel pretty good I lost a lot of my friends there and later a tour in Iraq which I lost more friends my day would normaly be sad remembering them and then of course the strange guilty feeling for coming home and a lot of my friends didn't but I find the more I talk about it the easier it gets to deal with. So do you do airbrushing anything like that I am looking for someone to do full mural on my car do you do anything like that

Last edited by banzaihonda; 05-29-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 AM

Hi Kurt,

That's awesome that you got so many honks and waves! And I'm glad that you find solace somewhere, even if just in talking. Both of those things remind me to have faith in the human spirit. And you're very welcome. As I said, words pale, but I can give those out at least.

Sadly, I have never done a mural on a car before, so wouldn't feel comfortable trying it on anyone's but my own.....mainly to learn the technicality of how the paint goes on, how it adheres, etc. Also, I doubt we are geographically close together....I live just outside San Francisco, CA. But if you ever need a watercolor, oil, graphite or ink sketch or anything of that nature, please feel free to contact me. Here's my website address:

Diane Julia Paintings

Thanks for your nice reply. I hope you have a great day.