07-up MINI Cooper/Cooper S (R56)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Class Action Lawsuit for timing chain/tensioner issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 10:14 AM
Default Worst car ever!

I bought a 2011 Mini Cooper convertible back in 2014. The worst car ever. My clutch and fly wheel went 1000 pounds. My timing chain broke £4000. My oil housing filter leaked £1000. And all within the space of 7 months. I cannot wait to get this last problem fixed and sell this car as much as I just want to bash it up as I am so ****ing mad!!!!!!!! STAY CLEAR FROM BMW/MINI.
My boyfriend had a bmw his timing chain went too! His car was full of problems aswell.
All BMW want to do is rip you off and lie to you.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:46 AM
Wink Joining in the class legal suit effort.

Originally Posted by FirstTimeMini-ing
Great Cherie . . . thanks for the help. I received a call today from MINI US Customer Service about the 3rd letter I wrote to the CEO. She said again that she would forward my info to the Regional Team which means they'll do nothing. I also wrote a letter to MINI US legal department with the address you provided.
I believe the only way that we'll get their attention is through a class action initiative. Let's make this happen!
Count me in, just purchased 2012 Mini Copper S Countryman, with 30k, like new. Less than two months later "Dead Rattle" from the engine. Certified mechanic diagnosed it with the need to replace the timing belt ASAP. Just send noticed to MINI USA. "waiting for response" not holding my breath!
This is absolutely unacceptable from a "reputable" at least a well-known brand. Most of you are right, in cases like this big Businesses only listen to serious legal consequences and negative public image. They invest millions to build a brand name, that could easily be ruined by massive negative publicity. Only then, they will move to settle the legal matter and mitigate the issue. We must join together and energize the effort. Count me in all the way.!
Thanks.
-Rich.

Old 02-20-2020, 05:16 PM

Quick update on my situation. I emailed the class action suit lawyer again today asking for direction from his law firm if he has any. Last conversation in late December said they were going to file a second law suit by end of 2019. Will keep posting here on what I find out. If no response via email then I'll call them.

Also, still dealing with MINI US after writing three letters to CEO and talking with someone in customer service several times. The service rep said I would be receiving a phone call from an area manager but that hasn't happened yet. Called again today and rep said she would reach out to area manager again.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:46 AM

MINI OWNERS WHO HAVE HAD ENGINE FAILURES! GOOD NEWS! 2ND CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS SEEKING MORE PLAINTIFFS.

I just got off the phone with Gary Graifman of Kantrowitz, Goldhamer & Graifman in New Jersey. They have filed a second class action lawsuit against MINI for engine failures. What they need from us is to have each person contact Gary by email, ggraifman@kgglaw.com, giving him the year of your mini, the model (S, JW, Clubman, Countryman), where you purchased your MINI, any correspondence that you have had in the past with MINI US and repair bills if you have had your engine repaired or replaced. They have a plaintiff from Florida and me from Michigan but the more states that can be represented the better.

Please spread the word about this second lawsuit. MINI needs to be held accountable! You may contact me too if you have questions but Gary is the guy who can keep this ball rolling. My name is Steve Hughey and my email address is our5girls@gmail.com.

Thanks everyone!

Old 02-29-2020, 05:17 PM
Default Add me as well...

Add me as well....Thank you!

Old 03-01-2020, 06:25 PM

You will need to contact Gary Graifman at ggraifman@kgglaw.com so he can connect with you to get your specific information.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:53 PM
Default Mini Cooper Timing Chain Fail

I too have a cooper (09 convertible) that we just bought 2 months ago and it has timing chain failure and engine must be replaced. Unthinkable. any class action suit we could join?

Old 01-05-2021, 04:55 PM
Default Mini Cooper Timing Chain Fail

I too have a cooper (09 convertible) that we just bought 2 months ago and it has timing chain failure and engine must be replaced. Unthinkable. any class action suit we could join?

Old 01-05-2021, 06:29 PM
Default Lawyer to contact

Hi Patti,

Sorry for your situation. It is so frustrating to not have MINI take responsibility for their engine failures. The lawyer that has filed the class action lawsuit is Gary Graifman. His email is: ggraifman@kgglaw.com

If you email him, he'll be able to tell you the status of the lawsuit and maybe give you some insight into your situation.

Best of luck Patti,
Steve

Old 01-06-2021, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by patti.young
Or you could accept the fact that you bought a 12 year old car. It'll need a $200 timing chain kit and a tensioner. I was told my engine needed replaced too at $10k. LOL. Dealers doing dealer stuff...

Quick Reply: 2nd Class Action Lawsuit for timing chain/tensioner issue