General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

passenger seat belt alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by daSpud
I think it is just an extremely sensitive switch on the passenger seat. I could move things around on the seat and would or would not get an alarm. Solved the problem by bucking the belt on the unoccupied seat. Always meant to just get a buckle to stick in there and never got around to it.
Hmm, how often would it happen? Every once in a while?

Old 09-28-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Hmm, how often would it happen? Every once in a while?
Depends on which "it".

Passenger seatbelt alarm -- every time I put something on the seat that weighs more than a couple of ounces and don't have the belt fastened.

Car alarm -- about a dozen times in the last year at totally random times.

Honestly, it has reached the point where I don't want the car any more. The doors unlock setting is also random. Sometimes all 4 doors open when I open the driver's door and sometimes only the driver's door unlocks. It is hell to not know and have an arm full of stuff and then have to reach halfway into the car to unlock the back door! Very poor ergonomics IMHO.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by daSpud
Depends on which "it".

Passenger seatbelt alarm -- every time I put something on the seat that weighs more than a couple of ounces and don't have the belt fastened.

Car alarm -- about a dozen times in the last year at totally random times.

Honestly, it has reached the point where I don't want the car any more. The doors unlock setting is also random. Sometimes all 4 doors open when I open the driver's door and sometimes only the driver's door unlocks. It is hell to not know and have an arm full of stuff and then have to reach halfway into the car to unlock the back door! Very poor ergonomics IMHO.
Wow, well at least you have it under control for the most part.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:19 PM

Hi guys,
I know this thread is a little old, but I wish I had seen it before I got my new Countryman. I have had the SAME issue. After FOUR times driving 100 miles to have it "repaired" MINI is telling me that it is "working as designed" and so will not reimburse me for the 400 extra miles that were put on my (brand new) car. I am so surprised to hear this is a recurring issue in others' cars and was not informed of this the first time I brought up the alarm issue. Shame on you, MINI USA. I love my car (this is my second MINI), but I will warn anyone else before purchasing one in the future.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Angry

I am told that the electronic devices such as IPADS set off the seat belt warning if sitting on passenger seat. Iasked the repair people what I could do and he told me don't put electronic stuff on you front seat. I asked if they would fix it and he said Im not an engineer? SoI paid 35,000 for a car where I can't use front seat.