General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tell me your mini issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Angry 06 R53 w 28k miles clutch slave cylinder just started leaking

$181.00 to replace, not too bad i guess

Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 PM

transmission is leaking at a connection at the front of the engine Help!

Old 01-25-2011, 08:14 PM

I have a used 2007 conv. automatic sidewalk with 31,222 miles on it. When I bought it one month ago it was driving great and then I started to feel jerking like the car wanted to switch gears and when going up a slope it didn't have the power to go up, it went up very slow. It was also sounding like the engine would rev up when slowing down. I took it to the dealer had them drive it around and they felt what I felt. So they said "Transmission adjusting spool ratio incorrectly, causing increase in rpm while driving. They did a fluid change and reset adaptations of driving patterns. It drove great after they did that one week ago, but then it did it again today. So upset about this. Can anyone help?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 PM

Hi Doug, I have a used 2007 conv. automatic sidewalk with 31,222 miles on it. When I bought it one month ago it was driving great and then I started to feel jerking like the car wanted to switch gears and when going up a slope it didn't have the power to go up, it went up very slow. It was also sounding like the engine would rev up when slowing down. I took it to the dealer had them drive it around and they felt what I felt. So they said "Transmission adjusting spool ratio incorrectly, causing increase in rpm while driving. They did a fluid change and reset adaptations of driving patterns. It drove great after they did that one week ago, but then it did it again today. So upset about this. Can anyone help?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:54 AM

2010 mini cooper s. Got the Christmas tree lights, struggled to start then stalled. The when it restarted the check engine light was on. They replaced the intake manifold. When asked why it happened, I was asked what gas station I use, I told him Hess, he said it was prob because the gas has too much ethanol. He says they have more ethanol than other stations. And suggested I use a different station one that is visibly less busy.

Curious I researched online, and found out it is best to go to busy gas stations because it keeps the gas mixed and less busy gas stations are more prone to globs of ethanol in the gas resulting in higher content. I go to a busy station. I also know that they are going to 15% and my engine is not built for ethanol and will be a problem. The BMW 335 and the mini s turbos have had problems. And also BMW is trying to blame the consumer for using " bad gas " and charging for repairs. The normal problem is he fuel pump.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:42 PM

Hello!
I have a problem with the tailgate of my 2009 mini s convertible. The problem is that it opens while I'm driving. I think is a computer set up issue but I'm just thinking because I'm not a tech. But this issue is getting my mad. Can you help me ???? What can I do????? I will appreciate any help ......

Jose

Old 02-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Default Are u still here 04 problem

I just bought 04 mini and two days later oil lamp comes on at idle. It will go out once at speed. Any speed. Any ideas? Thanks gregg

Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Default Is 6 Speed Repairable?

I unfortunately ran over a small chunk of concrete that I did no see coming off an off ramp of a freeway. The chunk of concrete hit the transmission pan and continued the length of the car.

The transmission was left with only one gear, 3rd. The car was flatbed to a Mini dealer for service, they repaired it, but it now disengages randomly completely and when and if it reengages it does with a thump into 3rd gear only or I have to turn off the car and restart and all is well again.

I was told that the Steptronic six speed transmission in my 2005 Mini Cooper S is not repairable and should only replaced, is this correct?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 AM

I unfortunately ran over a small chunk of concrete that I did no see coming off an off ramp of a freeway. The chunk of concrete hit the transmission pan and continued the length of the car.

The transmission was left with only one gear, 3rd. The car was flatbed to a Mini dealer for service, they repaired it, but it now disengages randomly completely and when and if it reengages it does with a thump into 3rd gear only or I have to turn off the car and restart and all is well again.

I was told that the Steptronic six speed transmission in my 2005 Mini Cooper S is not repairable and should only replaced, is this correct?

Old 03-05-2011, 02:27 PM

Hello, wish you luck in your new job.
Also I just bought a 2004 Mini Cooper, the base version, and I still haven't used it since the dealer that sold it to me, is fixing the alternator, that with 77k miles already has a bad "diode", in other words it needs a new one.

Be safe.

Last edited by bad venge; 03-28-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: tell me your mini issues